Dec 27, 2010, 12:11 PM EST
Yao Ming may be done playing for the season but he still has value in the NBA world — he is a $17 million expiring contract. Heading into a new Collective Bargaining Agreement — whatever it ends up looking like — that’s a lot of money saved and cap room freed up.
With lure of insurance offering $8M discount on his expiring $17M salary, Houston exploring Yao Ming trade on several fronts, sources tell Y
Some teams exploring trade for Yao to re-sign him on short deal, or just get cap relief on his expiring deal, sources say.
It will be interesting to see how the Rockets handle this. They could use that space and flexibility themselves, but if an offer comes in that they think helps start to reshape this team faster GM Daryl Morey will have to seriously consider it.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, leaves dent (VIDEO) 0
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 5
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29