Dec 27, 2010, 12:11 PM EST
Yao Ming may be done playing for the season but he still has value in the NBA world — he is a $17 million expiring contract. Heading into a new Collective Bargaining Agreement — whatever it ends up looking like — that’s a lot of money saved and cap room freed up.
With lure of insurance offering $8M discount on his expiring $17M salary, Houston exploring Yao Ming trade on several fronts, sources tell Y
Some teams exploring trade for Yao to re-sign him on short deal, or just get cap relief on his expiring deal, sources say.
It will be interesting to see how the Rockets handle this. They could use that space and flexibility themselves, but if an offer comes in that they think helps start to reshape this team faster GM Daryl Morey will have to seriously consider it.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 5
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 25
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36