Dec 27, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
Jason Williams may have played his last game as a member of the Orlando Magic. He is staying behind from Magic’s upcoming back-to-back road trip to get tests done.
He has an arthritic foot and told the Orlando Sentinel doctors are telling him there is not a lot they can do, he told the Orlando Sentinel.
“I’m not so sure that I won’t be able to play ever again,” Williams told the Orlando Sentinel before tipoff (Saturday). “It’s not getting better, and they say it’s not going to get any better. I’ve still got a long life to live, so we’re going to see a day at a time. I don’t know.”
Coach Stan Van Gundy was not much more optimistic.
“It’s not getting any better,” Van Gundy said. “J-Will gets on it and he has a hard time pushing off that foot. He’s staying behind. He wants to know what’s going on.
“I think he’s a little nervous about it right now.”
White Chocolate is in his 12th NBA season.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 7
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 44
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional