Dec 27, 2010, 9:17 AM EST
Jason Williams may have played his last game as a member of the Orlando Magic. He is staying behind from Magic’s upcoming back-to-back road trip to get tests done.
He has an arthritic foot and told the Orlando Sentinel doctors are telling him there is not a lot they can do, he told the Orlando Sentinel.
“I’m not so sure that I won’t be able to play ever again,” Williams told the Orlando Sentinel before tipoff (Saturday). “It’s not getting better, and they say it’s not going to get any better. I’ve still got a long life to live, so we’re going to see a day at a time. I don’t know.”
Coach Stan Van Gundy was not much more optimistic.
“It’s not getting any better,” Van Gundy said. “J-Will gets on it and he has a hard time pushing off that foot. He’s staying behind. He wants to know what’s going on.
“I think he’s a little nervous about it right now.”
White Chocolate is in his 12th NBA season.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18