Dec 27, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
Jason Williams may have played his last game as a member of the Orlando Magic. He is staying behind from Magic’s upcoming back-to-back road trip to get tests done.
He has an arthritic foot and told the Orlando Sentinel doctors are telling him there is not a lot they can do, he told the Orlando Sentinel.
“I’m not so sure that I won’t be able to play ever again,” Williams told the Orlando Sentinel before tipoff (Saturday). “It’s not getting better, and they say it’s not going to get any better. I’ve still got a long life to live, so we’re going to see a day at a time. I don’t know.”
Coach Stan Van Gundy was not much more optimistic.
“It’s not getting any better,” Van Gundy said. “J-Will gets on it and he has a hard time pushing off that foot. He’s staying behind. He wants to know what’s going on.
“I think he’s a little nervous about it right now.”
White Chocolate is in his 12th NBA season.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10