Dec 27, 2010, 9:17 AM EDT
Jason Williams may have played his last game as a member of the Orlando Magic. He is staying behind from Magic’s upcoming back-to-back road trip to get tests done.
He has an arthritic foot and told the Orlando Sentinel doctors are telling him there is not a lot they can do, he told the Orlando Sentinel.
“I’m not so sure that I won’t be able to play ever again,” Williams told the Orlando Sentinel before tipoff (Saturday). “It’s not getting better, and they say it’s not going to get any better. I’ve still got a long life to live, so we’re going to see a day at a time. I don’t know.”
Coach Stan Van Gundy was not much more optimistic.
“It’s not getting any better,” Van Gundy said. “J-Will gets on it and he has a hard time pushing off that foot. He’s staying behind. He wants to know what’s going on.
“I think he’s a little nervous about it right now.”
White Chocolate is in his 12th NBA season.
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 3
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 33
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 31
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25