Dec 27, 2010, 12:02 PM EDT
It was clear at the end of the Celtics Christmas Day loss to Orlando how much Boston misses Rajon Rondo.
In a tight game late, the Celtics were not getting the shots they wanted (and missed the couple they did get). Part of that was Orlando’s defense, which pushes you out of your comfort zones, but in the face of that pressure Nate Robinson is not a traditional, run-the-offense kind of point guard. Setting up others is not his gift. So the Celtics looked disjointed.
“What it does for us, it takes away about 70 percent of our offense because Rondo’s so good at running our sets,’’ said Rivers.
“If you’ve noticed, I’m up more now, because I have to call almost all of (the plays) now, which I never want to do. You want your point guard to have such a grasp of the offense that you’re running in transition, you’re running right into your sets.
“With Nate, he just doesn’t have that grasp. That’s just not who he is, really.’’
Nate is a gunner, a scorer. And that’s a nice thing to have off the bench, a guy who will come in fearless and start firing away. A guy who can change the dynamics of a game that way.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (68)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final