Dec 27, 2010, 4:04 PM EST
No matter how many people say that Christmas Day games are just another game and the Miami Heat are just another good team, everybody sure did tune in when the Heat and the Lakers met on Christmas Day. The Heat-Lakers game drew a fast national rating of 6.4, which is a 45% increase in ratings from last year’s Cavaliers-Lakers game and ABC’s highest rating for an NBA regular-season game since Shaq and Kobe met on Christmas Day 2004.
Overall, the five games that aired on ESPN and ABC over the course of Christmas day drew the highest average rating for either network when airing multiple NBA games. Some people love the Heat and a lot of people really don’t like them, but everybody has been watching them.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)