Dec 27, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
Jawad Williams got a chance – the Cavaliers certainly had an opening at the small forward spot. He got about 15 minutes a game but gave the Cavaliers only four points a game on 32.5 percent shooting (and 28 percent from three).
That was not good enough and Monday the Cavaliers announced they had waived Williams. He had a non-guaranteed deal.
No word on what is next for Williams. What is next for the Cavaliers is likely more losses.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3