Dec 27, 2010, 3:08 PM EDT
Jawad Williams got a chance – the Cavaliers certainly had an opening at the small forward spot. He got about 15 minutes a game but gave the Cavaliers only four points a game on 32.5 percent shooting (and 28 percent from three).
That was not good enough and Monday the Cavaliers announced they had waived Williams. He had a non-guaranteed deal.
No word on what is next for Williams. What is next for the Cavaliers is likely more losses.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4