Dec 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:48 pm: The X-rays are in and there is no serious damage to Harrington’s thumb. He is listed as day-to-day.
This could have been much worse, it’s a great break for the Nuggets.
11: 34 am: It was pretty clear when it happened Sunday that Al Harrington was in a lot of pain — Harrington was dribbling the ball and Thaddeus Young went for the steal, and you could see Harrington was hurt right away. He left the court in the second quarter Sunday holding his hand.
The diagnosis is in and Harrington has a dislocated thumb on his right hand, the Associated Press reports.
No word yet on how much time Harrington will miss. The Nuggets next have a back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday against Portland and Minnesota.
Harrington has been a key spark off the Nuggets’ bench, playing 24.5 minutes per game in the last 10 games, averaging 11.7 points per game in that stretch and hitting 42.6 percent of his three pointers.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 1
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 13
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10