Dec 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:48 pm: The X-rays are in and there is no serious damage to Harrington’s thumb. He is listed as day-to-day.
This could have been much worse, it’s a great break for the Nuggets.
11: 34 am: It was pretty clear when it happened Sunday that Al Harrington was in a lot of pain — Harrington was dribbling the ball and Thaddeus Young went for the steal, and you could see Harrington was hurt right away. He left the court in the second quarter Sunday holding his hand.
The diagnosis is in and Harrington has a dislocated thumb on his right hand, the Associated Press reports.
No word yet on how much time Harrington will miss. The Nuggets next have a back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday against Portland and Minnesota.
Harrington has been a key spark off the Nuggets’ bench, playing 24.5 minutes per game in the last 10 games, averaging 11.7 points per game in that stretch and hitting 42.6 percent of his three pointers.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31