Dec 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:48 pm: The X-rays are in and there is no serious damage to Harrington’s thumb. He is listed as day-to-day.
This could have been much worse, it’s a great break for the Nuggets.
11: 34 am: It was pretty clear when it happened Sunday that Al Harrington was in a lot of pain — Harrington was dribbling the ball and Thaddeus Young went for the steal, and you could see Harrington was hurt right away. He left the court in the second quarter Sunday holding his hand.
The diagnosis is in and Harrington has a dislocated thumb on his right hand, the Associated Press reports.
No word yet on how much time Harrington will miss. The Nuggets next have a back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday against Portland and Minnesota.
Harrington has been a key spark off the Nuggets’ bench, playing 24.5 minutes per game in the last 10 games, averaging 11.7 points per game in that stretch and hitting 42.6 percent of his three pointers.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71