Dec 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EDT
UPDATE 12:48 pm: The X-rays are in and there is no serious damage to Harrington’s thumb. He is listed as day-to-day.
This could have been much worse, it’s a great break for the Nuggets.
11: 34 am: It was pretty clear when it happened Sunday that Al Harrington was in a lot of pain — Harrington was dribbling the ball and Thaddeus Young went for the steal, and you could see Harrington was hurt right away. He left the court in the second quarter Sunday holding his hand.
The diagnosis is in and Harrington has a dislocated thumb on his right hand, the Associated Press reports.
No word yet on how much time Harrington will miss. The Nuggets next have a back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday against Portland and Minnesota.
Harrington has been a key spark off the Nuggets’ bench, playing 24.5 minutes per game in the last 10 games, averaging 11.7 points per game in that stretch and hitting 42.6 percent of his three pointers.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15