Dec 27, 2010, 12:48 PM EST
UPDATE 12:48 pm: The X-rays are in and there is no serious damage to Harrington’s thumb. He is listed as day-to-day.
This could have been much worse, it’s a great break for the Nuggets.
11: 34 am: It was pretty clear when it happened Sunday that Al Harrington was in a lot of pain — Harrington was dribbling the ball and Thaddeus Young went for the steal, and you could see Harrington was hurt right away. He left the court in the second quarter Sunday holding his hand.
The diagnosis is in and Harrington has a dislocated thumb on his right hand, the Associated Press reports.
No word yet on how much time Harrington will miss. The Nuggets next have a back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday against Portland and Minnesota.
Harrington has been a key spark off the Nuggets’ bench, playing 24.5 minutes per game in the last 10 games, averaging 11.7 points per game in that stretch and hitting 42.6 percent of his three pointers.
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 0
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 18
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 36
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 7