Dec 26, 2010, 6:33 PM EDT
Vince Carter has yet to put on a Phoenix Suns uniform — and if you don’t think they could use his points and shot creation you didn’t watch the Suns fall to the Clippers Sunday.
He may be back in about a five days to a week from a tendon strain in his quad, Suns coach Alvin Gentry told Art Garcia of NBA.com.
“We always brag on our medical guys and they do a great job,” said Gentry, who could use another scorer in the lineup. “The treatment that they’re given him, he feels a lot better now. Given another three days, five fays, a week, I think he’ll get to the point where he’ll be able to play.”
Friday the Suns play Detroit, Sunday they take on the Kings. Carter likely will be back for one of those two games.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49