Dec 26, 2010, 6:33 PM EDT
Vince Carter has yet to put on a Phoenix Suns uniform — and if you don’t think they could use his points and shot creation you didn’t watch the Suns fall to the Clippers Sunday.
He may be back in about a five days to a week from a tendon strain in his quad, Suns coach Alvin Gentry told Art Garcia of NBA.com.
“We always brag on our medical guys and they do a great job,” said Gentry, who could use another scorer in the lineup. “The treatment that they’re given him, he feels a lot better now. Given another three days, five fays, a week, I think he’ll get to the point where he’ll be able to play.”
Friday the Suns play Detroit, Sunday they take on the Kings. Carter likely will be back for one of those two games.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23