Dec 26, 2010, 6:33 PM EDT
Vince Carter has yet to put on a Phoenix Suns uniform — and if you don’t think they could use his points and shot creation you didn’t watch the Suns fall to the Clippers Sunday.
He may be back in about a five days to a week from a tendon strain in his quad, Suns coach Alvin Gentry told Art Garcia of NBA.com.
“We always brag on our medical guys and they do a great job,” said Gentry, who could use another scorer in the lineup. “The treatment that they’re given him, he feels a lot better now. Given another three days, five fays, a week, I think he’ll get to the point where he’ll be able to play.”
Friday the Suns play Detroit, Sunday they take on the Kings. Carter likely will be back for one of those two games.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50