Dec 26, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The Sixers best player off the bench — guard Lou Williams — is getting the greatest Christmas gift of all: a new baby daughter.
Because of that, he has been given off the Sunday and Monday back-to-back for the Sixers, according to Comcast Bay Area’s Matt Steinmetz (on twitter). Sunday the Sixers play Denver, Monday they take on the Warriors.
Williams has been a big spark for the Sixers off the bench, averaging 11.8 points and 3.4 assists per game. He will be missed.
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14