Dec 26, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
The Sixers best player off the bench — guard Lou Williams — is getting the greatest Christmas gift of all: a new baby daughter.
Because of that, he has been given off the Sunday and Monday back-to-back for the Sixers, according to Comcast Bay Area’s Matt Steinmetz (on twitter). Sunday the Sixers play Denver, Monday they take on the Warriors.
Williams has been a big spark for the Sixers off the bench, averaging 11.8 points and 3.4 assists per game. He will be missed.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9