Dec 26, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
The Sixers best player off the bench — guard Lou Williams — is getting the greatest Christmas gift of all: a new baby daughter.
Because of that, he has been given off the Sunday and Monday back-to-back for the Sixers, according to Comcast Bay Area’s Matt Steinmetz (on twitter). Sunday the Sixers play Denver, Monday they take on the Warriors.
Williams has been a big spark for the Sixers off the bench, averaging 11.8 points and 3.4 assists per game. He will be missed.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 0
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20