Dec 26, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Stu Jackson — the NBA VP who decides who gets fined and when — doesn’t work on Christmas. So it may be a couple days until he gets around to fining Shaquille O’Neal. But he will.
Shaq fouled out in just 12 minutes of play Saturday, then afterwards said this, as reported by FanHouse.
“We have two premier big men out there today. He is pushing, I’m pushing. Let us play,” O’Neal said. “If I was fan, I would be pissed. You pay all that money for good seats and you have two of the best guys in the country sitting on the bench. That’s what happens when you have control freaks out there.’..
“I guess they (fans) come out to see No. 26 play (referee Bob Delaney wears 26). He was a great player out there today,” O’Neal said. “They paid all that money to see No. 26 come play. My thing is, if you’re going to call it, call it the same way every time. Don’t pick and choose who you are going to call it against.’
Shaq’s sixth foul came when he and Dwight Howard were pushing on each other and Howard flopped for effect (he said he tripped).
And the fine is coming. Bet on it.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 2
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8