Dec 25, 2010, 7:50 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee haven’t functioned too well together on the court as the “frontcourt of the future” in Washington.
But apparently things are worse off it — the two reportedly exchanged punches outside a Washington club early Friday morning, according to Michael Lee at the Washington Post.
The two both verbally abused each other and came to blows outside Shadow Room in Northwest Washington. Al Thornton reportedly was hit by a bouncer as he stepped in to break things up. The club is an upscale, high-tech club (you can order drinks from your iPhone).
In two text messages, Blatche denied that he and McGee have any conflict, but admitted they did get physical in effort to avoid the disagreements going on around them. “Only one push cause [sic] we was tryin [sic] to leave and it was fights around
This was the official statement from the Wizards given the Post:
“The team looked into the matter earlier today and determined it was simply a disagreement between teammates.”
Things that would no longer surprise me? Either McGee or Blatche being traded.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 41
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 54
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10