Dec 25, 2010, 7:50 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee haven’t functioned too well together on the court as the “frontcourt of the future” in Washington.
But apparently things are worse off it — the two reportedly exchanged punches outside a Washington club early Friday morning, according to Michael Lee at the Washington Post.
The two both verbally abused each other and came to blows outside Shadow Room in Northwest Washington. Al Thornton reportedly was hit by a bouncer as he stepped in to break things up. The club is an upscale, high-tech club (you can order drinks from your iPhone).
In two text messages, Blatche denied that he and McGee have any conflict, but admitted they did get physical in effort to avoid the disagreements going on around them. “Only one push cause [sic] we was tryin [sic] to leave and it was fights around
This was the official statement from the Wizards given the Post:
“The team looked into the matter earlier today and determined it was simply a disagreement between teammates.”
Things that would no longer surprise me? Either McGee or Blatche being traded.
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 0
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 18
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 10
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 8
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4