Dec 25, 2010, 7:50 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee haven’t functioned too well together on the court as the “frontcourt of the future” in Washington.
But apparently things are worse off it — the two reportedly exchanged punches outside a Washington club early Friday morning, according to Michael Lee at the Washington Post.
The two both verbally abused each other and came to blows outside Shadow Room in Northwest Washington. Al Thornton reportedly was hit by a bouncer as he stepped in to break things up. The club is an upscale, high-tech club (you can order drinks from your iPhone).
In two text messages, Blatche denied that he and McGee have any conflict, but admitted they did get physical in effort to avoid the disagreements going on around them. “Only one push cause [sic] we was tryin [sic] to leave and it was fights around
This was the official statement from the Wizards given the Post:
“The team looked into the matter earlier today and determined it was simply a disagreement between teammates.”
Things that would no longer surprise me? Either McGee or Blatche being traded.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49