Dec 25, 2010, 7:50 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee haven’t functioned too well together on the court as the “frontcourt of the future” in Washington.
But apparently things are worse off it — the two reportedly exchanged punches outside a Washington club early Friday morning, according to Michael Lee at the Washington Post.
The two both verbally abused each other and came to blows outside Shadow Room in Northwest Washington. Al Thornton reportedly was hit by a bouncer as he stepped in to break things up. The club is an upscale, high-tech club (you can order drinks from your iPhone).
In two text messages, Blatche denied that he and McGee have any conflict, but admitted they did get physical in effort to avoid the disagreements going on around them. “Only one push cause [sic] we was tryin [sic] to leave and it was fights around
This was the official statement from the Wizards given the Post:
“The team looked into the matter earlier today and determined it was simply a disagreement between teammates.”
Things that would no longer surprise me? Either McGee or Blatche being traded.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9