Dec 25, 2010, 7:50 AM EDT
Andray Blatche and JaVale McGee haven’t functioned too well together on the court as the “frontcourt of the future” in Washington.
But apparently things are worse off it — the two reportedly exchanged punches outside a Washington club early Friday morning, according to Michael Lee at the Washington Post.
The two both verbally abused each other and came to blows outside Shadow Room in Northwest Washington. Al Thornton reportedly was hit by a bouncer as he stepped in to break things up. The club is an upscale, high-tech club (you can order drinks from your iPhone).
In two text messages, Blatche denied that he and McGee have any conflict, but admitted they did get physical in effort to avoid the disagreements going on around them. “Only one push cause [sic] we was tryin [sic] to leave and it was fights around
This was the official statement from the Wizards given the Post:
“The team looked into the matter earlier today and determined it was simply a disagreement between teammates.”
Things that would no longer surprise me? Either McGee or Blatche being traded.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 1
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18