Dec 25, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
After some question as to whether Dwyane Wade would be good to go with his knee hurting. Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that coach Erik Spoelstra says Wade is “fine” and will play versus the Lakers Saturday afternoon.
The Lakers will likely look to go at Wade on the offensive end, as Bryant should be able to get space if he’s not 100%. Meanwhile, the Heat’s rotations will be affected by him not being 100%. Mike Miller is going to have to play well above his averages, even still being new to coming back after his injury in order to compensate.
On offense for the Heat, expect more of LeBron James coming off the pick and roll and driving into the teeth of the Lakers, not getting the foul, missing the shot, and the Lakers rebounding. Without Wade, there’s a huge gap in their offense, and the Lakers have some of the best rotation defense in the league, along with monstrous size. The transition game suffers with Wade not 100%, the halfcourt defense suffers, it’a big loss.
Yet another reason a Heat win doesn’t look promising as gametime nears.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6