Dec 25, 2010, 3:59 PM EDT
After some question as to whether Dwyane Wade would be good to go with his knee hurting. Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that coach Erik Spoelstra says Wade is “fine” and will play versus the Lakers Saturday afternoon.
The Lakers will likely look to go at Wade on the offensive end, as Bryant should be able to get space if he’s not 100%. Meanwhile, the Heat’s rotations will be affected by him not being 100%. Mike Miller is going to have to play well above his averages, even still being new to coming back after his injury in order to compensate.
On offense for the Heat, expect more of LeBron James coming off the pick and roll and driving into the teeth of the Lakers, not getting the foul, missing the shot, and the Lakers rebounding. Without Wade, there’s a huge gap in their offense, and the Lakers have some of the best rotation defense in the league, along with monstrous size. The transition game suffers with Wade not 100%, the halfcourt defense suffers, it’a big loss.
Yet another reason a Heat win doesn’t look promising as gametime nears.
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 0
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 0
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 5
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery 33
- PBT Extra: Eastern Conference Finals preview time 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars