Dec 23, 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed the Miami Heat’s shoot around Thursday morning in Phoenix with a sore knee. Coach Erik Spoelstra said he would be a game-time decision against the Suns for Thursday night.
The real reason this is news — does this mean he might not go on Christmas Day against the Lakers?
Are you kidding me? For all the talk about this being “just one of 82” it isn’t. It’s a huge showcase game. It can provide some validation for the Heat and the Lakers. It will have no real bearing on the rest of the season or playoffs. It will mean nothing should these teams meet in the finals.
But teams like the big stage, and this is a huge one. If Wade’s leg is still attached, he’ll go.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11