Dec 23, 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed the Miami Heat’s shoot around Thursday morning in Phoenix with a sore knee. Coach Erik Spoelstra said he would be a game-time decision against the Suns for Thursday night.
The real reason this is news — does this mean he might not go on Christmas Day against the Lakers?
Are you kidding me? For all the talk about this being “just one of 82” it isn’t. It’s a huge showcase game. It can provide some validation for the Heat and the Lakers. It will have no real bearing on the rest of the season or playoffs. It will mean nothing should these teams meet in the finals.
But teams like the big stage, and this is a huge one. If Wade’s leg is still attached, he’ll go.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16