Dec 23, 2010, 4:09 PM EST
Dwyane Wade missed the Miami Heat’s shoot around Thursday morning in Phoenix with a sore knee. Coach Erik Spoelstra said he would be a game-time decision against the Suns for Thursday night.
The real reason this is news — does this mean he might not go on Christmas Day against the Lakers?
Are you kidding me? For all the talk about this being “just one of 82” it isn’t. It’s a huge showcase game. It can provide some validation for the Heat and the Lakers. It will have no real bearing on the rest of the season or playoffs. It will mean nothing should these teams meet in the finals.
But teams like the big stage, and this is a huge one. If Wade’s leg is still attached, he’ll go.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12