Dec 23, 2010, 4:09 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade missed the Miami Heat’s shoot around Thursday morning in Phoenix with a sore knee. Coach Erik Spoelstra said he would be a game-time decision against the Suns for Thursday night.
The real reason this is news — does this mean he might not go on Christmas Day against the Lakers?
Are you kidding me? For all the talk about this being “just one of 82” it isn’t. It’s a huge showcase game. It can provide some validation for the Heat and the Lakers. It will have no real bearing on the rest of the season or playoffs. It will mean nothing should these teams meet in the finals.
But teams like the big stage, and this is a huge one. If Wade’s leg is still attached, he’ll go.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19