Dec 23, 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was public enemy No. 1 for Raptors fans, he had left Canada for Orlando and the fans felt jilted. He left to join the best players of his day on what everyone thought would be a powerhouse. He left a team without a coach and in disarray.
Today Chris Bosh has ascended to the top spot on that enemy list.
That doesn’t mean that Raptor fans have forgotten or forgiven, and to this day McGrady gets booed when he comes to Toronto. However, he wants the fine folks of Canada to know his situation was nothing like what happened this past summer with Bosh (via The Score):
“Keep booing me I love it, it really doesn’t bother me at all… It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh and selling out the city like the city was horrible or something, making crazy statements about the city. It Toronto or going back home to Orlando. That was pretty much it. There’s a lot of people out there who don’t know why they’re booing (me).”
Hey, Chris, don’t mind that bus right there, I’m just going to throw you under it.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 16
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 3
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 55
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6