Dec 23, 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was public enemy No. 1 for Raptors fans, he had left Canada for Orlando and the fans felt jilted. He left to join the best players of his day on what everyone thought would be a powerhouse. He left a team without a coach and in disarray.
Today Chris Bosh has ascended to the top spot on that enemy list.
That doesn’t mean that Raptor fans have forgotten or forgiven, and to this day McGrady gets booed when he comes to Toronto. However, he wants the fine folks of Canada to know his situation was nothing like what happened this past summer with Bosh (via The Score):
“Keep booing me I love it, it really doesn’t bother me at all… It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh and selling out the city like the city was horrible or something, making crazy statements about the city. It Toronto or going back home to Orlando. That was pretty much it. There’s a lot of people out there who don’t know why they’re booing (me).”
Hey, Chris, don’t mind that bus right there, I’m just going to throw you under it.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11