Dec 23, 2010, 3:51 PM EST
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was public enemy No. 1 for Raptors fans, he had left Canada for Orlando and the fans felt jilted. He left to join the best players of his day on what everyone thought would be a powerhouse. He left a team without a coach and in disarray.
Today Chris Bosh has ascended to the top spot on that enemy list.
That doesn’t mean that Raptor fans have forgotten or forgiven, and to this day McGrady gets booed when he comes to Toronto. However, he wants the fine folks of Canada to know his situation was nothing like what happened this past summer with Bosh (via The Score):
“Keep booing me I love it, it really doesn’t bother me at all… It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh and selling out the city like the city was horrible or something, making crazy statements about the city. It Toronto or going back home to Orlando. That was pretty much it. There’s a lot of people out there who don’t know why they’re booing (me).”
Hey, Chris, don’t mind that bus right there, I’m just going to throw you under it.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17