Dec 23, 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was public enemy No. 1 for Raptors fans, he had left Canada for Orlando and the fans felt jilted. He left to join the best players of his day on what everyone thought would be a powerhouse. He left a team without a coach and in disarray.
Today Chris Bosh has ascended to the top spot on that enemy list.
That doesn’t mean that Raptor fans have forgotten or forgiven, and to this day McGrady gets booed when he comes to Toronto. However, he wants the fine folks of Canada to know his situation was nothing like what happened this past summer with Bosh (via The Score):
“Keep booing me I love it, it really doesn’t bother me at all… It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh and selling out the city like the city was horrible or something, making crazy statements about the city. It Toronto or going back home to Orlando. That was pretty much it. There’s a lot of people out there who don’t know why they’re booing (me).”
Hey, Chris, don’t mind that bus right there, I’m just going to throw you under it.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18