Dec 23, 2010, 3:51 PM EDT
There was a time when Tracy McGrady was public enemy No. 1 for Raptors fans, he had left Canada for Orlando and the fans felt jilted. He left to join the best players of his day on what everyone thought would be a powerhouse. He left a team without a coach and in disarray.
Today Chris Bosh has ascended to the top spot on that enemy list.
That doesn’t mean that Raptor fans have forgotten or forgiven, and to this day McGrady gets booed when he comes to Toronto. However, he wants the fine folks of Canada to know his situation was nothing like what happened this past summer with Bosh (via The Score):
“Keep booing me I love it, it really doesn’t bother me at all… It’s not like I was like Chris Bosh and selling out the city like the city was horrible or something, making crazy statements about the city. It Toronto or going back home to Orlando. That was pretty much it. There’s a lot of people out there who don’t know why they’re booing (me).”
Hey, Chris, don’t mind that bus right there, I’m just going to throw you under it.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29