Dec 23, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
Jared Jeffries is a veteran, he can read the writing on the wall.
He has played a total of 61 minutes for the Rockets this season, racking up more DPNs than games he has seen the floor (playing behind other forwards such as Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola and Shane Battier). He has an expiring $7.4 million deal.
Jeffries expects to be traded, he told the Houston Chronicle.
“Something will happen,” Jeffries said. “Whether it happens now or at the trade deadline, I’ll just stay ready and in shape. I think if I don’t play, at some point I’ll get traded and move on.
“The grass isn’t always greener. You might go somewhere else and have not as good a situation, not as good a team, not as good a group of guys.”
That last comment says a lot about these Rockets — who have gone 14-10 after a rough 0-5 start. Yao Ming may be gone but this is a team where the guys get along and it shows on the court. Some call it overachieving, but if you’ve been doing it for a while isn’t it just achieving now for the Rockets?
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 40
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 27
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 28
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0
- Thursday NBA grades: Don’t make Mike Dunleavy angry 3