Dec 23, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
Jared Jeffries is a veteran, he can read the writing on the wall.
He has played a total of 61 minutes for the Rockets this season, racking up more DPNs than games he has seen the floor (playing behind other forwards such as Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola and Shane Battier). He has an expiring $7.4 million deal.
Jeffries expects to be traded, he told the Houston Chronicle.
“Something will happen,” Jeffries said. “Whether it happens now or at the trade deadline, I’ll just stay ready and in shape. I think if I don’t play, at some point I’ll get traded and move on.
“The grass isn’t always greener. You might go somewhere else and have not as good a situation, not as good a team, not as good a group of guys.”
That last comment says a lot about these Rockets — who have gone 14-10 after a rough 0-5 start. Yao Ming may be gone but this is a team where the guys get along and it shows on the court. Some call it overachieving, but if you’ve been doing it for a while isn’t it just achieving now for the Rockets?
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17