Dec 23, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
Jared Jeffries is a veteran, he can read the writing on the wall.
He has played a total of 61 minutes for the Rockets this season, racking up more DPNs than games he has seen the floor (playing behind other forwards such as Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola and Shane Battier). He has an expiring $7.4 million deal.
Jeffries expects to be traded, he told the Houston Chronicle.
“Something will happen,” Jeffries said. “Whether it happens now or at the trade deadline, I’ll just stay ready and in shape. I think if I don’t play, at some point I’ll get traded and move on.
“The grass isn’t always greener. You might go somewhere else and have not as good a situation, not as good a team, not as good a group of guys.”
That last comment says a lot about these Rockets — who have gone 14-10 after a rough 0-5 start. Yao Ming may be gone but this is a team where the guys get along and it shows on the court. Some call it overachieving, but if you’ve been doing it for a while isn’t it just achieving now for the Rockets?
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11