Dec 23, 2010, 3:04 PM EDT
Jared Jeffries is a veteran, he can read the writing on the wall.
He has played a total of 61 minutes for the Rockets this season, racking up more DPNs than games he has seen the floor (playing behind other forwards such as Chuck Hayes, Luis Scola and Shane Battier). He has an expiring $7.4 million deal.
Jeffries expects to be traded, he told the Houston Chronicle.
“Something will happen,” Jeffries said. “Whether it happens now or at the trade deadline, I’ll just stay ready and in shape. I think if I don’t play, at some point I’ll get traded and move on.
“The grass isn’t always greener. You might go somewhere else and have not as good a situation, not as good a team, not as good a group of guys.”
That last comment says a lot about these Rockets — who have gone 14-10 after a rough 0-5 start. Yao Ming may be gone but this is a team where the guys get along and it shows on the court. Some call it overachieving, but if you’ve been doing it for a while isn’t it just achieving now for the Rockets?
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91