Dec 23, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
Right now Baron Davis is seen in Los Angeles as the anchor on the Clippers rebuilding plans, as such they have been looking for someone to take his contract off their hands.
That could be the recently shaken up Bobcats — who should be trying to rebuild themselves — according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
(Bobcats owner Michael) Jordan is considering a trade proposal that would send (D.J.) Augustin, DeSagana Diop and Matt Carroll to the Los Angeles Clippers for Davis, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.
Getting rid of the entire coaching staff was not enough in Charlotte?
Baron Davis started his career in Charlotte, so there is some sentimentality there. His play is another issue. On the court since his return from injury this season Davis has shown flashes, but he is shooting 36.1 percent overall this season and 18.6 percent from three. It has not been much better lately — in his last 10 games Davis is shooting 38.9 percent overall and 21.4 percent from three.
What’s more, he’s injury prone and expensive. Davis is owed the remainder of his $13 million for this season plus $27 million more over the two years following. His injury prone status has come in part because of conditioning issues that have driven a series of coaches crazy in recent years. Davis talked after his latest injury about needing to be better at off-season conditioning.
Davis likes a lot of freedom to run the offense from the point, something new coach Paul Silas likely grant him. Maybe that can rejuvenate Davis. But that is a big contract for a maybe.
Not sure this rumor makes a lot of sense, but it’s out there.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 1
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36