Dec 23, 2010, 9:11 AM EST
Right now Baron Davis is seen in Los Angeles as the anchor on the Clippers rebuilding plans, as such they have been looking for someone to take his contract off their hands.
That could be the recently shaken up Bobcats — who should be trying to rebuild themselves — according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo.
(Bobcats owner Michael) Jordan is considering a trade proposal that would send (D.J.) Augustin, DeSagana Diop and Matt Carroll to the Los Angeles Clippers for Davis, a league source told Yahoo! Sports.
Getting rid of the entire coaching staff was not enough in Charlotte?
Baron Davis started his career in Charlotte, so there is some sentimentality there. His play is another issue. On the court since his return from injury this season Davis has shown flashes, but he is shooting 36.1 percent overall this season and 18.6 percent from three. It has not been much better lately — in his last 10 games Davis is shooting 38.9 percent overall and 21.4 percent from three.
What’s more, he’s injury prone and expensive. Davis is owed the remainder of his $13 million for this season plus $27 million more over the two years following. His injury prone status has come in part because of conditioning issues that have driven a series of coaches crazy in recent years. Davis talked after his latest injury about needing to be better at off-season conditioning.
Davis likes a lot of freedom to run the offense from the point, something new coach Paul Silas likely grant him. Maybe that can rejuvenate Davis. But that is a big contract for a maybe.
Not sure this rumor makes a lot of sense, but it’s out there.
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 6
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 15
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1