Dec 23, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
This is just a sad story on several levels.
Kenneth Ziegler, father of Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo, has been arrested in Huntington, West Virginia and charged with attempted murder, possession, and fleeing in a vehicle. All of that is just gravy for his the previously existing warrants for his arrest; Ziegler had standing warrants for burglary and driving on a suspended license, according to WOWK in West Virginia.
Ziegler was approached by police — who were looking for another suspect associated with a different incident — but when they confronted Ziegler, he put the car in gear and drove off, dragging a police officer several feet in the process. Police reports stated that marijuana and crack cocaine were found the car, discovered after police were able to stop Ziegler following a chase (that was ultimately brought to a halt by road spikes).
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7