Dec 23, 2010, 2:29 PM EST
This is just a sad story on several levels.
Kenneth Ziegler, father of Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo, has been arrested in Huntington, West Virginia and charged with attempted murder, possession, and fleeing in a vehicle. All of that is just gravy for his the previously existing warrants for his arrest; Ziegler had standing warrants for burglary and driving on a suspended license, according to WOWK in West Virginia.
Ziegler was approached by police — who were looking for another suspect associated with a different incident — but when they confronted Ziegler, he put the car in gear and drove off, dragging a police officer several feet in the process. Police reports stated that marijuana and crack cocaine were found the car, discovered after police were able to stop Ziegler following a chase (that was ultimately brought to a halt by road spikes).
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 5
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 40
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28