Dec 23, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
This is just a sad story on several levels.
Kenneth Ziegler, father of Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo, has been arrested in Huntington, West Virginia and charged with attempted murder, possession, and fleeing in a vehicle. All of that is just gravy for his the previously existing warrants for his arrest; Ziegler had standing warrants for burglary and driving on a suspended license, according to WOWK in West Virginia.
Ziegler was approached by police — who were looking for another suspect associated with a different incident — but when they confronted Ziegler, he put the car in gear and drove off, dragging a police officer several feet in the process. Police reports stated that marijuana and crack cocaine were found the car, discovered after police were able to stop Ziegler following a chase (that was ultimately brought to a halt by road spikes).
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 7
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 26
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 80
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 53
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4