Dec 23, 2010, 2:29 PM EST
This is just a sad story on several levels.
Kenneth Ziegler, father of Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo, has been arrested in Huntington, West Virginia and charged with attempted murder, possession, and fleeing in a vehicle. All of that is just gravy for his the previously existing warrants for his arrest; Ziegler had standing warrants for burglary and driving on a suspended license, according to WOWK in West Virginia.
Ziegler was approached by police — who were looking for another suspect associated with a different incident — but when they confronted Ziegler, he put the car in gear and drove off, dragging a police officer several feet in the process. Police reports stated that marijuana and crack cocaine were found the car, discovered after police were able to stop Ziegler following a chase (that was ultimately brought to a halt by road spikes).
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 10
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 45
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 22