Dec 23, 2010, 2:29 PM EDT
This is just a sad story on several levels.
Kenneth Ziegler, father of Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo, has been arrested in Huntington, West Virginia and charged with attempted murder, possession, and fleeing in a vehicle. All of that is just gravy for his the previously existing warrants for his arrest; Ziegler had standing warrants for burglary and driving on a suspended license, according to WOWK in West Virginia.
Ziegler was approached by police — who were looking for another suspect associated with a different incident — but when they confronted Ziegler, he put the car in gear and drove off, dragging a police officer several feet in the process. Police reports stated that marijuana and crack cocaine were found the car, discovered after police were able to stop Ziegler following a chase (that was ultimately brought to a halt by road spikes).
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 16
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 26
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 34
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 32