Dec 23, 2010, 9:55 PM EST
The Lakers went into this season wanting to upgrade their backup at the three and to add some three-point shooting.
Right away, during the beginning of the process, the Lakers intrigued me. They gave me an offer that was tough for me to pass up. But going into the whole process was something that was exciting for me because I hadn’t had a chance to really control my own destiny. … Fortunately for me there were some interesting teams that had chances to win and I had some options. … After the other guys made their decisions, I felt like this was the best spot for me.”
On how the Lakers wooed him:
“Just obviously with winning. Coach Jackson would be a great coach to play for, and Kobe. I played with Pau before. It was simple to woo me in the fact that they were coming off winning a world championship….
“Yeah I talked to Kobe a couple of times. … Believe me, some of the stuff he was saying made me want to sign right there. In fact, I had made the decision to do that and then … New York came in and offered me a lot more money or was thinking about offering me a lot more money.”
“The Lakers offered me the mid-level and New York was above that. Obviously we never nailed anything down because I ended up coming to Miami. Miami’s was good. Obviously you take into consideration winning, you take into consideration where I’m living. … There’s all kinds of different things you have to take into consideration.”
He is with the Heat and the Lakers used Steve Blake and Matt Barnes to fill the roles they wanted Miller for. On Christmas day the Lakers get to see what they missed.
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 2
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 5
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 13
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 6
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)