Dec 22, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas is nothing if not confident.
Two games into his Orlando Magic career he is 3 of 17 shooting. That’s 17.7 percent. Yet he told Tim Povtak of FanHouse he is worried about nothing.
“I’m not playing too well yet, but I’m already `The Man,’ at the grocery store over near the house. I’m like Dwight Howard over there,” Arenas chuckled Tuesday night after struggling again uncharacteristically. “I’m like a superstar at the Publix (supermarket)…”
“I’m still trying to find out where to put my dominance,” Arenas said in a serious tone. “My role will be to score, to make shots, to make plays. My shot has been fabulous in practice. I just haven’t gotten it acclimated to the games yet.”
As a whole the Magic are still trying to figure out the new combinations, what works and what doesn’t. With the limited practice time NBA teams get, integrating new players takes time in season. It isn’t just Arenas struggling — Jason Richardson is 7-21 and Hedo Turkoglu is 3-15 since the trade.
It doesn’t help that the first two games for the new lineups were against the Hawks and Mavericks (both losses) followed next by the Spurs and Celtics. Tough schedule for any team, any time, let alone one with a bunch of new players.
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 8
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 9
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 34
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 2
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 8
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (95)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay