Dec 22, 2010, 11:33 AM EDT
Gilbert Arenas is nothing if not confident.
Two games into his Orlando Magic career he is 3 of 17 shooting. That’s 17.7 percent. Yet he told Tim Povtak of FanHouse he is worried about nothing.
“I’m not playing too well yet, but I’m already `The Man,’ at the grocery store over near the house. I’m like Dwight Howard over there,” Arenas chuckled Tuesday night after struggling again uncharacteristically. “I’m like a superstar at the Publix (supermarket)…”
“I’m still trying to find out where to put my dominance,” Arenas said in a serious tone. “My role will be to score, to make shots, to make plays. My shot has been fabulous in practice. I just haven’t gotten it acclimated to the games yet.”
As a whole the Magic are still trying to figure out the new combinations, what works and what doesn’t. With the limited practice time NBA teams get, integrating new players takes time in season. It isn’t just Arenas struggling — Jason Richardson is 7-21 and Hedo Turkoglu is 3-15 since the trade.
It doesn’t help that the first two games for the new lineups were against the Hawks and Mavericks (both losses) followed next by the Spurs and Celtics. Tough schedule for any team, any time, let alone one with a bunch of new players.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 12