Dec 22, 2010, 8:16 PM EDT
This is an interim gig, with the position to be re-evaluated at the end of the season.
Silas has had 10 previous seasons as an NBA head coach, including four seasons with the Hornets when they were in Charlotte (he helped the franchise move to New Orleans), and being LeBron James first coach in Cleveland. He was also a coach with the Clippers, but we tend to forgive people for that and ignore the record there. Silas has been out of the league for five years. He also was a 16-year NBA player before coaching.
The Bobcats are 9-18 and playing terrible basketball right now. Just ask Jordan. A shake up was needed, but a new coach does not fix a mismatched roster that lacks offensive firepower. Remember this past summer the Bobcats traded Tyson Chandler — anchor of the Mavericks rejuvenated defense — for virtually nothing, and watched Raymond Felton go to New York where he is leading that team to a resurgence. When you take that much talent off the roster, the coach can only do so much, and Silas has his work cut out for him.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 1
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 9
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 6
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings