Dec 22, 2010, 10:56 AM EDT
Vince Carter’s knee still isn’t good, but it isn’t so bad as to need surgery either.
That’s the good news from the doctors in Phoenix who looked at an MRI and decided what Carter needs is some rest and rehab, according to a tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Having his knee scoped had been an option on the table and that would have had him out at least a month.
Carter will miss Thursday’s Suns game against the Heat, which means his debut with the Suns will be put off until at least Sunday against the Clippers. Maybe longer. Probably longer.
Now the miracle-workers in the Phoenix training staff — who were able to keep Shaquille O’Neal as healthy as he had been for a decade and have Grant Hill playing well at age 67 — will have a go at Carter. Which may be the best thing for him.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 1
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 43
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 19
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29