Dec 22, 2010, 10:56 AM EDT
Vince Carter’s knee still isn’t good, but it isn’t so bad as to need surgery either.
That’s the good news from the doctors in Phoenix who looked at an MRI and decided what Carter needs is some rest and rehab, according to a tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Having his knee scoped had been an option on the table and that would have had him out at least a month.
Carter will miss Thursday’s Suns game against the Heat, which means his debut with the Suns will be put off until at least Sunday against the Clippers. Maybe longer. Probably longer.
Now the miracle-workers in the Phoenix training staff — who were able to keep Shaquille O’Neal as healthy as he had been for a decade and have Grant Hill playing well at age 67 — will have a go at Carter. Which may be the best thing for him.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6