Dec 22, 2010, 10:56 AM EDT
Vince Carter’s knee still isn’t good, but it isn’t so bad as to need surgery either.
That’s the good news from the doctors in Phoenix who looked at an MRI and decided what Carter needs is some rest and rehab, according to a tweet from Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Having his knee scoped had been an option on the table and that would have had him out at least a month.
Carter will miss Thursday’s Suns game against the Heat, which means his debut with the Suns will be put off until at least Sunday against the Clippers. Maybe longer. Probably longer.
Now the miracle-workers in the Phoenix training staff — who were able to keep Shaquille O’Neal as healthy as he had been for a decade and have Grant Hill playing well at age 67 — will have a go at Carter. Which may be the best thing for him.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4