Dec 22, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will not suit up for the Denver Nuggets Wednesday night against the San Antonio Spurs so that he can attend to issues regarding a death in the family, the team announced.
“Our entire organization supports Carmelo during this difficult time for him and his family,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “It is heartbreaking news, particularly during the holiday season.”
The Nuggets next game after San Antonio is against the Thunder on Christmas day, and Anthony’s availability for that game is not yet known.
You’d like to think this would slow down the Anthony trade rumors for a few days, but probably not.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65