Dec 22, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will not suit up for the Denver Nuggets Wednesday night against the San Antonio Spurs so that he can attend to issues regarding a death in the family, the team announced.
“Our entire organization supports Carmelo during this difficult time for him and his family,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “It is heartbreaking news, particularly during the holiday season.”
The Nuggets next game after San Antonio is against the Thunder on Christmas day, and Anthony’s availability for that game is not yet known.
You’d like to think this would slow down the Anthony trade rumors for a few days, but probably not.
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 0
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 6
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 14
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 23
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26