Dec 22, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will not suit up for the Denver Nuggets Wednesday night against the San Antonio Spurs so that he can attend to issues regarding a death in the family, the team announced.
“Our entire organization supports Carmelo during this difficult time for him and his family,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “It is heartbreaking news, particularly during the holiday season.”
The Nuggets next game after San Antonio is against the Thunder on Christmas day, and Anthony’s availability for that game is not yet known.
You’d like to think this would slow down the Anthony trade rumors for a few days, but probably not.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 7
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7