Dec 22, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will not suit up for the Denver Nuggets Wednesday night against the San Antonio Spurs so that he can attend to issues regarding a death in the family, the team announced.
“Our entire organization supports Carmelo during this difficult time for him and his family,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “It is heartbreaking news, particularly during the holiday season.”
The Nuggets next game after San Antonio is against the Thunder on Christmas day, and Anthony’s availability for that game is not yet known.
You’d like to think this would slow down the Anthony trade rumors for a few days, but probably not.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7