Dec 22, 2010, 12:52 PM EDT
Carmelo Anthony will not suit up for the Denver Nuggets Wednesday night against the San Antonio Spurs so that he can attend to issues regarding a death in the family, the team announced.
“Our entire organization supports Carmelo during this difficult time for him and his family,” Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri said. “It is heartbreaking news, particularly during the holiday season.”
The Nuggets next game after San Antonio is against the Thunder on Christmas day, and Anthony’s availability for that game is not yet known.
You’d like to think this would slow down the Anthony trade rumors for a few days, but probably not.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 23
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 22
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48