Dec 22, 2010, 2:41 PM EST
Craig Smith was not playing a lot of minutes for the Clippers (11 a game) because he and Blake Griffin were not blending well on the court. And when you have Blake Griffin you play him a lot.
But when Smith went down with a herniated disc in his back, sidelining him for a couple weeks, the Clippers decided to have an insurance policy and have signed Ike Diogu.
Don’t pick him up for your fantasy team, Diogu is not going to get a lot of run. But he’s similar in style and build to Smith (though not in quality) and makes a good guy to have around just in case.
Diogu has bounced around with five teams in his four seasons in the NBA.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11