Dec 22, 2010, 2:41 PM EDT
Craig Smith was not playing a lot of minutes for the Clippers (11 a game) because he and Blake Griffin were not blending well on the court. And when you have Blake Griffin you play him a lot.
But when Smith went down with a herniated disc in his back, sidelining him for a couple weeks, the Clippers decided to have an insurance policy and have signed Ike Diogu.
Don’t pick him up for your fantasy team, Diogu is not going to get a lot of run. But he’s similar in style and build to Smith (though not in quality) and makes a good guy to have around just in case.
Diogu has bounced around with five teams in his four seasons in the NBA.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18