Dec 22, 2010, 2:41 PM EST
Craig Smith was not playing a lot of minutes for the Clippers (11 a game) because he and Blake Griffin were not blending well on the court. And when you have Blake Griffin you play him a lot.
But when Smith went down with a herniated disc in his back, sidelining him for a couple weeks, the Clippers decided to have an insurance policy and have signed Ike Diogu.
Don’t pick him up for your fantasy team, Diogu is not going to get a lot of run. But he’s similar in style and build to Smith (though not in quality) and makes a good guy to have around just in case.
Diogu has bounced around with five teams in his four seasons in the NBA.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14