Dec 22, 2010, 2:41 PM EDT
Craig Smith was not playing a lot of minutes for the Clippers (11 a game) because he and Blake Griffin were not blending well on the court. And when you have Blake Griffin you play him a lot.
But when Smith went down with a herniated disc in his back, sidelining him for a couple weeks, the Clippers decided to have an insurance policy and have signed Ike Diogu.
Don’t pick him up for your fantasy team, Diogu is not going to get a lot of run. But he’s similar in style and build to Smith (though not in quality) and makes a good guy to have around just in case.
Diogu has bounced around with five teams in his four seasons in the NBA.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10