Dec 22, 2010, 2:41 PM EST
Craig Smith was not playing a lot of minutes for the Clippers (11 a game) because he and Blake Griffin were not blending well on the court. And when you have Blake Griffin you play him a lot.
But when Smith went down with a herniated disc in his back, sidelining him for a couple weeks, the Clippers decided to have an insurance policy and have signed Ike Diogu.
Don’t pick him up for your fantasy team, Diogu is not going to get a lot of run. But he’s similar in style and build to Smith (though not in quality) and makes a good guy to have around just in case.
Diogu has bounced around with five teams in his four seasons in the NBA.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16