Dec 22, 2010, 1:58 PM EST
Blake Griffin is a pretty humble, mild-mannered guy. Until you get between him and the rim. Just ask Timofey Mozgov. End up in the wrong spot and you end up on one of Blake’s fast-growing collection of poster shots.
Griffin’s dunks are almost as big on YouTube as videos of kittens, so the next logical question becomes: He is going to do the All-Star Weekend dunk contest? Right? NBA.com’s Steve Aschburner asked him without openly begging him to do it like I would have.
That would be cool. If it’s something that the league wants me to do, I’ll probably try to do it.
Griffin adds he has never lost a dunk contest. He won the McDonald’s High School All-American one and he said a few other smaller ones. Nothing quite like this, however.
Griffin dunking on Saturday night would be good news, the league needs something to spice up the contest after last year’s nap-inducing event.
Go read the whole Q&A. The Clippers’ Griffin is the kind of person you want on your team and in your community. Not flashy, not intimidated (what Clipper curse?) and a guy more about doing the work than the lifestyle.
He’s not all about the dunks. But he may be for one night in February.
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 0
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 1
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 2
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)