Dec 22, 2010, 1:58 PM EDT
Blake Griffin is a pretty humble, mild-mannered guy. Until you get between him and the rim. Just ask Timofey Mozgov. End up in the wrong spot and you end up on one of Blake’s fast-growing collection of poster shots.
Griffin’s dunks are almost as big on YouTube as videos of kittens, so the next logical question becomes: He is going to do the All-Star Weekend dunk contest? Right? NBA.com’s Steve Aschburner asked him without openly begging him to do it like I would have.
That would be cool. If it’s something that the league wants me to do, I’ll probably try to do it.
Griffin adds he has never lost a dunk contest. He won the McDonald’s High School All-American one and he said a few other smaller ones. Nothing quite like this, however.
Griffin dunking on Saturday night would be good news, the league needs something to spice up the contest after last year’s nap-inducing event.
Go read the whole Q&A. The Clippers’ Griffin is the kind of person you want on your team and in your community. Not flashy, not intimidated (what Clipper curse?) and a guy more about doing the work than the lifestyle.
He’s not all about the dunks. But he may be for one night in February.
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 8
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 5
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3