Dec 22, 2010, 8:12 AM EDT
It’s really not the Christmas season until Heat Miser and Cold Miser are on the television and Phil Jackson is complaining about having to play on Christmas.
Well, the season is here, because before the Lakers ugly loss to the Bucks Tuesday night Jackson was complaining about having to face the Heat — well, anyone, really — on Christmas.
“It’s like Christian holidays don’t mean to them anything any more,” Jackson said. “Just go out and play and entertain the TV. It’s really weird, but it is what it is. We have to go to work and make the best of it.”
“I don’t think anybody should play on Christmas Day,” Jackson said. “I don’t understand it.”
Remember that Jackson is the son of two ministers and is a very spiritual person. Although that may be less the reason Jackson is cranky, it may just be that he’s older and supposed to be cranky. He knew the Christmas/Lakers deal when he took the job.
Saturday will mark the 12th year in a row the Lakers have played on Christmas.
Last season on Christmas, LeBron James and his Cavaliers beat the Lakers soundly.
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 1
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 12
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 5
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 9
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Roy Hibbert believes Shane Battier’s knee to his groin in Game 1 was intentional (60)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million