Dec 21, 2010, 9:05 AM EDT
Vince Carter has yet to suit up for the Phoenix Suns — and it could be a while before he does.
Carter is considering having arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, according to Paul Coro in the Arizona Republic. His left knee has bothered him all season and this would, in theory, clean up the problem and let him play full speed about the end of January.
Carter has played in at least 75 games a season each of the last five years. He was giving the Magic 15 points per game but was traded to the Suns as part of a deal that brought Jason Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu to Orlando.
It will be interesting to see how Carter fits with the Suns and Steve Nash, but now we may have to wait on that. No word on when a determination about surgery will be made.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18