Dec 21, 2010, 9:05 AM EDT
Vince Carter has yet to suit up for the Phoenix Suns — and it could be a while before he does.
Carter is considering having arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, according to Paul Coro in the Arizona Republic. His left knee has bothered him all season and this would, in theory, clean up the problem and let him play full speed about the end of January.
Carter has played in at least 75 games a season each of the last five years. He was giving the Magic 15 points per game but was traded to the Suns as part of a deal that brought Jason Richardson and Hedo Turkoglu to Orlando.
It will be interesting to see how Carter fits with the Suns and Steve Nash, but now we may have to wait on that. No word on when a determination about surgery will be made.
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 5
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 28
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 1
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 7
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 20
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (92)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay