Dec 21, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
The Suns now have a pretty good lineup of centers. Yes, the run-and-gun Suns. The team that always seems undersized. But now they have Marcin Gortat and Robin Lopez on the roster.
Sorry Earl Barron, that means you are a free agent again.
The Suns just waived Barron, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. He had played in 12 games for the Suns, starting in six, while Lopez was out injured.
Barron likely will be back on an NBA roster soon, as there are teams that could use a 7-footer with some skills.
Barron played some quality minutes for the Knicks last year and they may reach out and try to sign him again. The Orlando Magic — desperate for a backup center after trading Gortat away — may also be a logical destination.
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 3
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 11
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 9