Dec 21, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
The Suns now have a pretty good lineup of centers. Yes, the run-and-gun Suns. The team that always seems undersized. But now they have Marcin Gortat and Robin Lopez on the roster.
Sorry Earl Barron, that means you are a free agent again.
The Suns just waived Barron, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. He had played in 12 games for the Suns, starting in six, while Lopez was out injured.
Barron likely will be back on an NBA roster soon, as there are teams that could use a 7-footer with some skills.
Barron played some quality minutes for the Knicks last year and they may reach out and try to sign him again. The Orlando Magic — desperate for a backup center after trading Gortat away — may also be a logical destination.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48