Dec 21, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
The Suns now have a pretty good lineup of centers. Yes, the run-and-gun Suns. The team that always seems undersized. But now they have Marcin Gortat and Robin Lopez on the roster.
Sorry Earl Barron, that means you are a free agent again.
The Suns just waived Barron, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. He had played in 12 games for the Suns, starting in six, while Lopez was out injured.
Barron likely will be back on an NBA roster soon, as there are teams that could use a 7-footer with some skills.
Barron played some quality minutes for the Knicks last year and they may reach out and try to sign him again. The Orlando Magic — desperate for a backup center after trading Gortat away — may also be a logical destination.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 9
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18