Dec 21, 2010, 4:56 PM EDT
The Suns now have a pretty good lineup of centers. Yes, the run-and-gun Suns. The team that always seems undersized. But now they have Marcin Gortat and Robin Lopez on the roster.
Sorry Earl Barron, that means you are a free agent again.
The Suns just waived Barron, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. He had played in 12 games for the Suns, starting in six, while Lopez was out injured.
Barron likely will be back on an NBA roster soon, as there are teams that could use a 7-footer with some skills.
Barron played some quality minutes for the Knicks last year and they may reach out and try to sign him again. The Orlando Magic — desperate for a backup center after trading Gortat away — may also be a logical destination.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 5
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 28