Dec 21, 2010, 4:56 PM EST
The Suns now have a pretty good lineup of centers. Yes, the run-and-gun Suns. The team that always seems undersized. But now they have Marcin Gortat and Robin Lopez on the roster.
Sorry Earl Barron, that means you are a free agent again.
The Suns just waived Barron, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. He had played in 12 games for the Suns, starting in six, while Lopez was out injured.
Barron likely will be back on an NBA roster soon, as there are teams that could use a 7-footer with some skills.
Barron played some quality minutes for the Knicks last year and they may reach out and try to sign him again. The Orlando Magic — desperate for a backup center after trading Gortat away — may also be a logical destination.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7