Dec 21, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
Connecticut State Attorney John Connelly is being investigated regarding his relationship with attorney Martin Minnella, with the theory that Minnella used his relationship with Connelly to get reduced sentences for his clients, according to the Hartford Courant.
One of Minnella’s clients who saw his sentence reduced with an okay by Connelly is Keith Gomes, cousin of Clippers forward Ryan Gomes. Ryan admitted that federal officers have spoken with him about his contact with Connelly and Minnella, according to tweets from Lisa Dillman of the Los Angeles Times.
Ryan Gomes confirms to Times he was interviewed by federal agents in Nov in connection w/probe of Connecticut State’s Atty. John Connelly,
At issue, apparently, is whether Ryan Gomes contacted Connelly about his cousin’s prison sentence, the Hartford Courant reported.
“That’s all I did was make a call, to him, can you look out for this?’” Ryan Gomes told The Times after Monday’s game. “And that was it.”
Gomes said that his mother is scheduled to go before grand jury Tue. Keith is his first cousin. He said they were once close but grew apart.
This is a wide-ranging federal investigation that goes well beyond the Gomes family, although Keith’s case is part of the investigation because he had his sentence reduced.
Ryan Gomes has not been charged with any crime.
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 0
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9