Dec 21, 2010, 7:27 PM EDT
Craig Smith is the veteran big man off the bench who does the dirty work for the Los Angeles Clippers so their kids can go flying around the court.
Except Rhino won’t be doing that for the next couple weeks — he will be out due to a herniated disc in his back. He had an epidural injection in his back on Tuesday and they will look at everything again after the calendar flips to 2011.
Rhino joins starting center Chris Kaman as the Clippers injured big men on the bench.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 10
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 9
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 10
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 9
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19