Dec 20, 2010, 11:54 AM EDT
Sunday was a homecoming for Willie Green. The Detroit native was back in town as part of the New Orleans Hornets and his family came out to the Palace at Auburn Hills to watch him play against the Pistons.
Then on the way home from the game after midnight, his sister and cousin were killed in a car accident, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The cause of the accident is under investigation but this was a one-car accident on a road apparently in good condition.
Our sympathies go out to the entire Green family on the loss of Tamara Lynette Green, 30, and Gary Benjamin Green, 27.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4