Dec 20, 2010, 11:54 AM EDT
Sunday was a homecoming for Willie Green. The Detroit native was back in town as part of the New Orleans Hornets and his family came out to the Palace at Auburn Hills to watch him play against the Pistons.
Then on the way home from the game after midnight, his sister and cousin were killed in a car accident, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The cause of the accident is under investigation but this was a one-car accident on a road apparently in good condition.
Our sympathies go out to the entire Green family on the loss of Tamara Lynette Green, 30, and Gary Benjamin Green, 27.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21