Dec 20, 2010, 11:54 AM EST
Sunday was a homecoming for Willie Green. The Detroit native was back in town as part of the New Orleans Hornets and his family came out to the Palace at Auburn Hills to watch him play against the Pistons.
Then on the way home from the game after midnight, his sister and cousin were killed in a car accident, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The cause of the accident is under investigation but this was a one-car accident on a road apparently in good condition.
Our sympathies go out to the entire Green family on the loss of Tamara Lynette Green, 30, and Gary Benjamin Green, 27.
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 0
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 8
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 11
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 11
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12