Dec 20, 2010, 11:54 AM EDT
Sunday was a homecoming for Willie Green. The Detroit native was back in town as part of the New Orleans Hornets and his family came out to the Palace at Auburn Hills to watch him play against the Pistons.
Then on the way home from the game after midnight, his sister and cousin were killed in a car accident, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The cause of the accident is under investigation but this was a one-car accident on a road apparently in good condition.
Our sympathies go out to the entire Green family on the loss of Tamara Lynette Green, 30, and Gary Benjamin Green, 27.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 18
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 45
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23