Dec 20, 2010, 11:54 AM EST
Sunday was a homecoming for Willie Green. The Detroit native was back in town as part of the New Orleans Hornets and his family came out to the Palace at Auburn Hills to watch him play against the Pistons.
Then on the way home from the game after midnight, his sister and cousin were killed in a car accident, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The cause of the accident is under investigation but this was a one-car accident on a road apparently in good condition.
Our sympathies go out to the entire Green family on the loss of Tamara Lynette Green, 30, and Gary Benjamin Green, 27.
- Report: Rockets look to trade Asik next week, Varejao in play 0
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 8
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)