Dec 20, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
One of the clear issues for the Magic after their weekend mega-trades (or at least mega-salary trades) was at backup center. They went from having one of the best in the league with Marcin Gortat, to having Earl Clark. Which is tough in a conference where you want to beat the Boston Celtics.
The Magic are already looking to fill that gap by calling the Knicks about Ronny Turiaf and the Philadelphia 76ers and Tony Battie, according to FanHouse. They are offering Chris Duhon as trade bait.
It would be interesting to see if the Knicks would bring Duhon back after he had an up-and-down relationship with Mike D’Antoni. The Knicks are looking for a backup point guard for Raymond Felton, but would they part with a big who is backing up Amare Stoudemire to do it (another area they want more help)? Turiaf played well for the Knicks at the start of the season but had his production slowed after he sprained his knee. An injury he has continued to play through.
Battie is the more likely option, if the Sixers are interested.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14