Dec 20, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
One of the clear issues for the Magic after their weekend mega-trades (or at least mega-salary trades) was at backup center. They went from having one of the best in the league with Marcin Gortat, to having Earl Clark. Which is tough in a conference where you want to beat the Boston Celtics.
The Magic are already looking to fill that gap by calling the Knicks about Ronny Turiaf and the Philadelphia 76ers and Tony Battie, according to FanHouse. They are offering Chris Duhon as trade bait.
It would be interesting to see if the Knicks would bring Duhon back after he had an up-and-down relationship with Mike D’Antoni. The Knicks are looking for a backup point guard for Raymond Felton, but would they part with a big who is backing up Amare Stoudemire to do it (another area they want more help)? Turiaf played well for the Knicks at the start of the season but had his production slowed after he sprained his knee. An injury he has continued to play through.
Battie is the more likely option, if the Sixers are interested.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43