Dec 20, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
One of the clear issues for the Magic after their weekend mega-trades (or at least mega-salary trades) was at backup center. They went from having one of the best in the league with Marcin Gortat, to having Earl Clark. Which is tough in a conference where you want to beat the Boston Celtics.
The Magic are already looking to fill that gap by calling the Knicks about Ronny Turiaf and the Philadelphia 76ers and Tony Battie, according to FanHouse. They are offering Chris Duhon as trade bait.
It would be interesting to see if the Knicks would bring Duhon back after he had an up-and-down relationship with Mike D’Antoni. The Knicks are looking for a backup point guard for Raymond Felton, but would they part with a big who is backing up Amare Stoudemire to do it (another area they want more help)? Turiaf played well for the Knicks at the start of the season but had his production slowed after he sprained his knee. An injury he has continued to play through.
Battie is the more likely option, if the Sixers are interested.
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 17
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 47
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 7
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 13
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19