Dec 20, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
One of the clear issues for the Magic after their weekend mega-trades (or at least mega-salary trades) was at backup center. They went from having one of the best in the league with Marcin Gortat, to having Earl Clark. Which is tough in a conference where you want to beat the Boston Celtics.
The Magic are already looking to fill that gap by calling the Knicks about Ronny Turiaf and the Philadelphia 76ers and Tony Battie, according to FanHouse. They are offering Chris Duhon as trade bait.
It would be interesting to see if the Knicks would bring Duhon back after he had an up-and-down relationship with Mike D’Antoni. The Knicks are looking for a backup point guard for Raymond Felton, but would they part with a big who is backing up Amare Stoudemire to do it (another area they want more help)? Turiaf played well for the Knicks at the start of the season but had his production slowed after he sprained his knee. An injury he has continued to play through.
Battie is the more likely option, if the Sixers are interested.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11