Dec 20, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
One of the clear issues for the Magic after their weekend mega-trades (or at least mega-salary trades) was at backup center. They went from having one of the best in the league with Marcin Gortat, to having Earl Clark. Which is tough in a conference where you want to beat the Boston Celtics.
The Magic are already looking to fill that gap by calling the Knicks about Ronny Turiaf and the Philadelphia 76ers and Tony Battie, according to FanHouse. They are offering Chris Duhon as trade bait.
It would be interesting to see if the Knicks would bring Duhon back after he had an up-and-down relationship with Mike D’Antoni. The Knicks are looking for a backup point guard for Raymond Felton, but would they part with a big who is backing up Amare Stoudemire to do it (another area they want more help)? Turiaf played well for the Knicks at the start of the season but had his production slowed after he sprained his knee. An injury he has continued to play through.
Battie is the more likely option, if the Sixers are interested.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 3
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42