Dec 20, 2010, 7:49 PM EDT
As of Monday night when the Wizards took on the Bobcats, rookie and franchise guy John Wall will have missed five of the last six for Washington.
Don’t expect him back soon. What had been thought of as tendonitis (which coach Flip Saunders said could be chronic) he is also fighting through a bone bruise behind his right kneecap that could keep him out at least another week, according to Michael Lee of the Washington Post.
“I had a feeling it wasn’t just tendinitis,” said Wall, who was distraught when he heard the diagnosis and believes the injury is the result of compensating on earlier foot and knee injuries on the left side of his body. “I was like, ‘If it’s tendinitis, I would’ve played through it.’ Tendinitis is very painful, but I played through it summer league, I play through it now. I couldn’t do no squats or I couldn’t really run or I couldn’t cut, so I knew it had to be something more than that.”
That is disturbing that his knees were an issue as early as Summer League, but that may be treatable. The rest should help it.
Wall has missed 11 of the Wizards 26 games now. A number that will grow.
“It’s pretty tough,” Wall said. “I’ve probably missed five, six games out of my whole life playing basketball. This is the most I’ve missed. So it’s frustrating, trying to rehab, and seeing my team out there and can’t be out there and can’t make plays. I think my team is doing a great job of fighting and doing as much as they can. I just can’t wait to get back out there with them.”
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 9
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 7
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 27
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 5
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games