Dec 20, 2010, 7:49 PM EDT
As of Monday night when the Wizards took on the Bobcats, rookie and franchise guy John Wall will have missed five of the last six for Washington.
Don’t expect him back soon. What had been thought of as tendonitis (which coach Flip Saunders said could be chronic) he is also fighting through a bone bruise behind his right kneecap that could keep him out at least another week, according to Michael Lee of the Washington Post.
“I had a feeling it wasn’t just tendinitis,” said Wall, who was distraught when he heard the diagnosis and believes the injury is the result of compensating on earlier foot and knee injuries on the left side of his body. “I was like, ‘If it’s tendinitis, I would’ve played through it.’ Tendinitis is very painful, but I played through it summer league, I play through it now. I couldn’t do no squats or I couldn’t really run or I couldn’t cut, so I knew it had to be something more than that.”
That is disturbing that his knees were an issue as early as Summer League, but that may be treatable. The rest should help it.
Wall has missed 11 of the Wizards 26 games now. A number that will grow.
“It’s pretty tough,” Wall said. “I’ve probably missed five, six games out of my whole life playing basketball. This is the most I’ve missed. So it’s frustrating, trying to rehab, and seeing my team out there and can’t be out there and can’t make plays. I think my team is doing a great job of fighting and doing as much as they can. I just can’t wait to get back out there with them.”
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4