Dec 20, 2010, 5:49 PM EST
After an extremely promising rookie campaign, Rodrigue Beaubois had a rough summer. First, he struggled with his shot in Las Vegas as he tried to turn himself into more of a two-guard. That wasn’t great. Then he broke his foot, which was much worse. The hyper-athletic combo guard hasn’t played a minute this season, and according to Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News, his return may still be a long way off:
Roddy Beaubois’ recovery from left foot surgery is progressing and the next step in the development really is steps – the underwater variety.
Beaubois will start walking on the underwater treadmill this week. If that goes well, he might be allowed to do some light work on the court, he said after today’s practice.
The recovery from early-August surgery has been a slow one and the stress fracture in the foot has been slow to heal.
The good news for Mavericks fans is that DeShawn Stevenson’s unlikely career revival has made Beaubois a luxury item for the team. Beaubois was supposed to compete for the starting shooting guard spot at the beginning of the season, but he’ll likely be fighting J.J. Barea for backup minutes when he returns. But even if Beaubois won’t be a critical piece for the Mavericks this year, his long-term potential should be enough to make him a person of interest when he does return from this injury.
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 18
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)