Dec 20, 2010, 5:49 PM EDT
After an extremely promising rookie campaign, Rodrigue Beaubois had a rough summer. First, he struggled with his shot in Las Vegas as he tried to turn himself into more of a two-guard. That wasn’t great. Then he broke his foot, which was much worse. The hyper-athletic combo guard hasn’t played a minute this season, and according to Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News, his return may still be a long way off:
Roddy Beaubois’ recovery from left foot surgery is progressing and the next step in the development really is steps – the underwater variety.
Beaubois will start walking on the underwater treadmill this week. If that goes well, he might be allowed to do some light work on the court, he said after today’s practice.
The recovery from early-August surgery has been a slow one and the stress fracture in the foot has been slow to heal.
The good news for Mavericks fans is that DeShawn Stevenson’s unlikely career revival has made Beaubois a luxury item for the team. Beaubois was supposed to compete for the starting shooting guard spot at the beginning of the season, but he’ll likely be fighting J.J. Barea for backup minutes when he returns. But even if Beaubois won’t be a critical piece for the Mavericks this year, his long-term potential should be enough to make him a person of interest when he does return from this injury.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13