Dec 20, 2010, 5:49 PM EDT
After an extremely promising rookie campaign, Rodrigue Beaubois had a rough summer. First, he struggled with his shot in Las Vegas as he tried to turn himself into more of a two-guard. That wasn’t great. Then he broke his foot, which was much worse. The hyper-athletic combo guard hasn’t played a minute this season, and according to Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News, his return may still be a long way off:
Roddy Beaubois’ recovery from left foot surgery is progressing and the next step in the development really is steps – the underwater variety.
Beaubois will start walking on the underwater treadmill this week. If that goes well, he might be allowed to do some light work on the court, he said after today’s practice.
The recovery from early-August surgery has been a slow one and the stress fracture in the foot has been slow to heal.
The good news for Mavericks fans is that DeShawn Stevenson’s unlikely career revival has made Beaubois a luxury item for the team. Beaubois was supposed to compete for the starting shooting guard spot at the beginning of the season, but he’ll likely be fighting J.J. Barea for backup minutes when he returns. But even if Beaubois won’t be a critical piece for the Mavericks this year, his long-term potential should be enough to make him a person of interest when he does return from this injury.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?