Dec 19, 2010, 12:11 PM EST
Brandon Jennings injured his foot on Wednesday night against San Antonio. He played through it that game and was on the court Saturday even though it still hurt. The injury robbed him of his usual burst. Which is particularly bad when you are matched up against Deron Williams.
Jennings told the Journal-Sentinel he is going to have tests on the foot, and his description didn’t sound good.
“At first it was my knee and it went down to my ankle, but right now I don’t know what the real problem is, so I’m not going to talk about it too much,” Jennings said. “I wanted to give it a go just to see what it felt like.
“But not a lot of really good lateral movement for me. I couldn’t really come off the screens and do what I want to do because of the foot.”
That’s all pretty vague, but Jennings looked slow against the Jazz and when a player talks about pain that radiates up and down the leg, it’s a bad sign. He did not travel with the team and will not play Monday in Portland as they wait for the MRI results. He may need more time off, depending on test results. If Jennings sits that means more Keyon Dooling, with Earl Boykins getting the backup minutes.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 55
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7