Dec 19, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
Brandon Jennings injured his foot on Wednesday night against San Antonio. He played through it that game and was on the court Saturday even though it still hurt. The injury robbed him of his usual burst. Which is particularly bad when you are matched up against Deron Williams.
Jennings told the Journal-Sentinel he is going to have tests on the foot, and his description didn’t sound good.
“At first it was my knee and it went down to my ankle, but right now I don’t know what the real problem is, so I’m not going to talk about it too much,” Jennings said. “I wanted to give it a go just to see what it felt like.
“But not a lot of really good lateral movement for me. I couldn’t really come off the screens and do what I want to do because of the foot.”
That’s all pretty vague, but Jennings looked slow against the Jazz and when a player talks about pain that radiates up and down the leg, it’s a bad sign. He did not travel with the team and will not play Monday in Portland as they wait for the MRI results. He may need more time off, depending on test results. If Jennings sits that means more Keyon Dooling, with Earl Boykins getting the backup minutes.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16