Dec 19, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
Brandon Jennings injured his foot on Wednesday night against San Antonio. He played through it that game and was on the court Saturday even though it still hurt. The injury robbed him of his usual burst. Which is particularly bad when you are matched up against Deron Williams.
Jennings told the Journal-Sentinel he is going to have tests on the foot, and his description didn’t sound good.
“At first it was my knee and it went down to my ankle, but right now I don’t know what the real problem is, so I’m not going to talk about it too much,” Jennings said. “I wanted to give it a go just to see what it felt like.
“But not a lot of really good lateral movement for me. I couldn’t really come off the screens and do what I want to do because of the foot.”
That’s all pretty vague, but Jennings looked slow against the Jazz and when a player talks about pain that radiates up and down the leg, it’s a bad sign. He did not travel with the team and will not play Monday in Portland as they wait for the MRI results. He may need more time off, depending on test results. If Jennings sits that means more Keyon Dooling, with Earl Boykins getting the backup minutes.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 12
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 15
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2