Dec 18, 2010, 5:20 PM EST
NBA VP of basketball operations and official Scrooge Stu Jackson was a busy man Saturday handing out lumps of coal to players and coaches he thought had been naughty.
Rudy Gay has been suspended one game for his body check from behind of Luis Scola in the Grizzlies loss Friday night to the Rockets. The action started on one end of the court with the usual pushing and shoving for a rebound, and when the players moved out Scola and Gay ran into each other and fell down. Gay thought it intentional and chased Scola down the length of the court and body checked the Argentinian hard. Gay was immediately ejected for a flagrant two. You could see this suspension coming.
Gay will sit out Saturday night’s Grizzlies game against the Rockets.
George Karl was fined $25,000 for his comments about the officiating after Manu Ginobili drew a charge on Carmelo Anthony preserving the Spurs win over the Nuggets Thursday. Sorry Karl, still was a charge.
Andre Miller also got a $25,000 for hurling the ball into the stands after the Trail Blazers lost to the Dallas Mavericks Wednesday night.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 1
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 5
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 25
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 10