Dec 18, 2010, 5:20 PM EST
NBA VP of basketball operations and official Scrooge Stu Jackson was a busy man Saturday handing out lumps of coal to players and coaches he thought had been naughty.
Rudy Gay has been suspended one game for his body check from behind of Luis Scola in the Grizzlies loss Friday night to the Rockets. The action started on one end of the court with the usual pushing and shoving for a rebound, and when the players moved out Scola and Gay ran into each other and fell down. Gay thought it intentional and chased Scola down the length of the court and body checked the Argentinian hard. Gay was immediately ejected for a flagrant two. You could see this suspension coming.
Gay will sit out Saturday night’s Grizzlies game against the Rockets.
George Karl was fined $25,000 for his comments about the officiating after Manu Ginobili drew a charge on Carmelo Anthony preserving the Spurs win over the Nuggets Thursday. Sorry Karl, still was a charge.
Andre Miller also got a $25,000 for hurling the ball into the stands after the Trail Blazers lost to the Dallas Mavericks Wednesday night.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13