Dec 18, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
NBA VP of basketball operations and official Scrooge Stu Jackson was a busy man Saturday handing out lumps of coal to players and coaches he thought had been naughty.
Rudy Gay has been suspended one game for his body check from behind of Luis Scola in the Grizzlies loss Friday night to the Rockets. The action started on one end of the court with the usual pushing and shoving for a rebound, and when the players moved out Scola and Gay ran into each other and fell down. Gay thought it intentional and chased Scola down the length of the court and body checked the Argentinian hard. Gay was immediately ejected for a flagrant two. You could see this suspension coming.
Gay will sit out Saturday night’s Grizzlies game against the Rockets.
George Karl was fined $25,000 for his comments about the officiating after Manu Ginobili drew a charge on Carmelo Anthony preserving the Spurs win over the Nuggets Thursday. Sorry Karl, still was a charge.
Andre Miller also got a $25,000 for hurling the ball into the stands after the Trail Blazers lost to the Dallas Mavericks Wednesday night.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 0
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 9
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 55
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17