Dec 18, 2010, 5:20 PM EDT
NBA VP of basketball operations and official Scrooge Stu Jackson was a busy man Saturday handing out lumps of coal to players and coaches he thought had been naughty.
Rudy Gay has been suspended one game for his body check from behind of Luis Scola in the Grizzlies loss Friday night to the Rockets. The action started on one end of the court with the usual pushing and shoving for a rebound, and when the players moved out Scola and Gay ran into each other and fell down. Gay thought it intentional and chased Scola down the length of the court and body checked the Argentinian hard. Gay was immediately ejected for a flagrant two. You could see this suspension coming.
Gay will sit out Saturday night’s Grizzlies game against the Rockets.
George Karl was fined $25,000 for his comments about the officiating after Manu Ginobili drew a charge on Carmelo Anthony preserving the Spurs win over the Nuggets Thursday. Sorry Karl, still was a charge.
Andre Miller also got a $25,000 for hurling the ball into the stands after the Trail Blazers lost to the Dallas Mavericks Wednesday night.
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 0
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 31
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 26
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 36