Dec 18, 2010, 6:21 PM EST
This will not affect Kobe Bryant. These injuries just don’t bother him. I don’t know if it’s because he just blocks out the pain or if his body just doesn’t react to damage like a Terminator. But this sprained pinkie for Kobe Bryant? Won’t bother him. Because he’s not human.
But a sprained pinkie it is. From the Orange County Register:
Coach Phil Jackson said Bryant told him: “It’ll be all right.” Postgame X-rays on the finger showed no break.
It’s the same finger in which Bryant tore a ligament and suffered an avulsion fracture (a fragment of bone torn away) in the 2007-08 season, although that injury was to the top knuckle of the finger.
It being the same finger is a little disturbing, if only because Bryant’s not shooting quite as well as he has in previous years. He’s struggling in certain situations, but still is Kobe for the most part. His FG% is the lowest it has been since 2004-2005. But his 3-point shooting is up.
Bryant has already said he’ll be playing against Toronto. Seriously, nothing can stop the man.
Except John Connor.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)