Dec 18, 2010, 6:21 PM EDT
This will not affect Kobe Bryant. These injuries just don’t bother him. I don’t know if it’s because he just blocks out the pain or if his body just doesn’t react to damage like a Terminator. But this sprained pinkie for Kobe Bryant? Won’t bother him. Because he’s not human.
But a sprained pinkie it is. From the Orange County Register:
Coach Phil Jackson said Bryant told him: “It’ll be all right.” Postgame X-rays on the finger showed no break.
It’s the same finger in which Bryant tore a ligament and suffered an avulsion fracture (a fragment of bone torn away) in the 2007-08 season, although that injury was to the top knuckle of the finger.
It being the same finger is a little disturbing, if only because Bryant’s not shooting quite as well as he has in previous years. He’s struggling in certain situations, but still is Kobe for the most part. His FG% is the lowest it has been since 2004-2005. But his 3-point shooting is up.
Bryant has already said he’ll be playing against Toronto. Seriously, nothing can stop the man.
Except John Connor.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6