Dec 18, 2010, 6:21 PM EDT
This will not affect Kobe Bryant. These injuries just don’t bother him. I don’t know if it’s because he just blocks out the pain or if his body just doesn’t react to damage like a Terminator. But this sprained pinkie for Kobe Bryant? Won’t bother him. Because he’s not human.
But a sprained pinkie it is. From the Orange County Register:
Coach Phil Jackson said Bryant told him: “It’ll be all right.” Postgame X-rays on the finger showed no break.
It’s the same finger in which Bryant tore a ligament and suffered an avulsion fracture (a fragment of bone torn away) in the 2007-08 season, although that injury was to the top knuckle of the finger.
It being the same finger is a little disturbing, if only because Bryant’s not shooting quite as well as he has in previous years. He’s struggling in certain situations, but still is Kobe for the most part. His FG% is the lowest it has been since 2004-2005. But his 3-point shooting is up.
Bryant has already said he’ll be playing against Toronto. Seriously, nothing can stop the man.
Except John Connor.
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 0
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 11
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 10
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25