Dec 17, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
Brandon Roy’s now chronically sore knees — the left one is flaring up this time — has now caused him to be shut him down for the next three games, the team announced today.
Roy will be re-evaluated next week.
Roy has been in and out of the lineup with knee issues this season, and in the last three games it has bothered him to the point he has averaged 6.7 points on 24.3 percent shooting. Sadly, this is going to continue — if you have no cartilage in your knee you’re going to have pain. Especially if you run for a living.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3