Dec 17, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Maybe the only thing worse than a woman scorned is a New York tabloid headline writer scorned.
And make no mistake, New York feels scorned by LeBron. They thought he could choose nowhere else because, hey — they’re New York. It’s inconceivable you would choose warm weather and other superstars over New York.
Tonight LeBron and the Heat make their first appearance of the season at Madison Square Garden. It’s the first chance for the Knicks faithful to express their feelings to LeBron about his decisions this summer. The tabloids got the ball rolling.
There is the New York Post calling LeBron “LeChicken” in its headline.
To the right you can see the Daily News’ subtle approach on the front. Another headline on the back page calls him a “Beach Bum.”
There was a lot more venom and pure hatred in Cleveland when LeBron returned there. But tonight the crowd may be far cleverer in ripping him apart.
Of course, if the Heat blow out the Knicks like they did the Cavs, even the Madison Square Garden crowd will get plenty quiet.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16