Dec 17, 2010, 12:00 PM EDT
Maybe the only thing worse than a woman scorned is a New York tabloid headline writer scorned.
And make no mistake, New York feels scorned by LeBron. They thought he could choose nowhere else because, hey — they’re New York. It’s inconceivable you would choose warm weather and other superstars over New York.
Tonight LeBron and the Heat make their first appearance of the season at Madison Square Garden. It’s the first chance for the Knicks faithful to express their feelings to LeBron about his decisions this summer. The tabloids got the ball rolling.
There is the New York Post calling LeBron “LeChicken” in its headline.
To the right you can see the Daily News’ subtle approach on the front. Another headline on the back page calls him a “Beach Bum.”
There was a lot more venom and pure hatred in Cleveland when LeBron returned there. But tonight the crowd may be far cleverer in ripping him apart.
Of course, if the Heat blow out the Knicks like they did the Cavs, even the Madison Square Garden crowd will get plenty quiet.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31