Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 PM EST
Mike Miller will not be launching threes for the Miami Heat tonight in Madison Square Garden — which is good for New York, the Knicks have enough matchup problems with the Heat without Miller in the mix.
But he could play — Miller said at shootaround today that he is well enough to go, according to a tweet from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Miller was on the court Wednesday night before the Heat’s game taking a lot of three pointers and has looked good shooting the rock according to several reports. Doctors have cleared Miller for practice — his first action since fracturing his thumb in preseason. Previously Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wanted to run Miller through a practice or two before throwing him out in a game situation.
The Heat have some big games coming up. Miller is a huge long shot to play tonight in New York. But he always said he wanted to be back by the Christmas Day game against the Lakers, and that may be realistic.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1