Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 PM EDT
Mike Miller will not be launching threes for the Miami Heat tonight in Madison Square Garden — which is good for New York, the Knicks have enough matchup problems with the Heat without Miller in the mix.
But he could play — Miller said at shootaround today that he is well enough to go, according to a tweet from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Miller was on the court Wednesday night before the Heat’s game taking a lot of three pointers and has looked good shooting the rock according to several reports. Doctors have cleared Miller for practice — his first action since fracturing his thumb in preseason. Previously Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wanted to run Miller through a practice or two before throwing him out in a game situation.
The Heat have some big games coming up. Miller is a huge long shot to play tonight in New York. But he always said he wanted to be back by the Christmas Day game against the Lakers, and that may be realistic.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17