Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 PM EDT
Mike Miller will not be launching threes for the Miami Heat tonight in Madison Square Garden — which is good for New York, the Knicks have enough matchup problems with the Heat without Miller in the mix.
But he could play — Miller said at shootaround today that he is well enough to go, according to a tweet from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Miller was on the court Wednesday night before the Heat’s game taking a lot of three pointers and has looked good shooting the rock according to several reports. Doctors have cleared Miller for practice — his first action since fracturing his thumb in preseason. Previously Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wanted to run Miller through a practice or two before throwing him out in a game situation.
The Heat have some big games coming up. Miller is a huge long shot to play tonight in New York. But he always said he wanted to be back by the Christmas Day game against the Lakers, and that may be realistic.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 23
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49