Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 PM EDT
Mike Miller will not be launching threes for the Miami Heat tonight in Madison Square Garden — which is good for New York, the Knicks have enough matchup problems with the Heat without Miller in the mix.
But he could play — Miller said at shootaround today that he is well enough to go, according to a tweet from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Miller was on the court Wednesday night before the Heat’s game taking a lot of three pointers and has looked good shooting the rock according to several reports. Doctors have cleared Miller for practice — his first action since fracturing his thumb in preseason. Previously Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wanted to run Miller through a practice or two before throwing him out in a game situation.
The Heat have some big games coming up. Miller is a huge long shot to play tonight in New York. But he always said he wanted to be back by the Christmas Day game against the Lakers, and that may be realistic.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 27
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 34
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 13
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 43
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42