Dec 17, 2010, 12:22 PM EDT
Mike Miller will not be launching threes for the Miami Heat tonight in Madison Square Garden — which is good for New York, the Knicks have enough matchup problems with the Heat without Miller in the mix.
But he could play — Miller said at shootaround today that he is well enough to go, according to a tweet from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
Miller was on the court Wednesday night before the Heat’s game taking a lot of three pointers and has looked good shooting the rock according to several reports. Doctors have cleared Miller for practice — his first action since fracturing his thumb in preseason. Previously Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wanted to run Miller through a practice or two before throwing him out in a game situation.
The Heat have some big games coming up. Miller is a huge long shot to play tonight in New York. But he always said he wanted to be back by the Christmas Day game against the Lakers, and that may be realistic.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 8
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9