Dec 17, 2010, 9:44 AM EST
We have a shocking development in Charlotte: Larry Brown has grown tired of the players on his roster and covets what other teams have.
Okay, this was as inevitable as Democrats and Republicans feuding. Larry Brown has done two things everywhere he has coached — moved on and thought other team’s players were better than his own.
Not that he doesn’t have reason to be frustrated with Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson, both of whom have been pedestrian this season for a Bobcats team that is 9-16 and going backwards.
So the Bobcats are testing the market for Wallace and Jackson, according to the Charlotte Observer. This after we told you they tried to find their way into the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes. The Bobcats have talked to 15-20 teams putting different scenarios out there. The report adds the Bobcats may be overvaluing what the market will pay for those two stars.
We’re trying to picture how bad the already unimpressive Bobcats would be if either of those players were moved for picks and young players to develop. Those two at least put up points nightly, which is more than you can say for most of the Bobcat roster.
This, however, is my favorite paragraph from the Observer story.
Trades have been standard practice for the Bobcats since Brown was hired as coach in April of 2008. Since then, the Bobcats have made nine trades involving 27 players. The only players who pre-date Brown’s arrival are Wallace and center Nazr Mohammed.
Really, you shouldn’t be shocked if any Bobcat player gets moved in the next couple months — except for Tyrus Thomas. The Bobcats are high on his potential.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 1
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 3
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)