Dec 17, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
We have a shocking development in Charlotte: Larry Brown has grown tired of the players on his roster and covets what other teams have.
Okay, this was as inevitable as Democrats and Republicans feuding. Larry Brown has done two things everywhere he has coached — moved on and thought other team’s players were better than his own.
Not that he doesn’t have reason to be frustrated with Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson, both of whom have been pedestrian this season for a Bobcats team that is 9-16 and going backwards.
So the Bobcats are testing the market for Wallace and Jackson, according to the Charlotte Observer. This after we told you they tried to find their way into the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes. The Bobcats have talked to 15-20 teams putting different scenarios out there. The report adds the Bobcats may be overvaluing what the market will pay for those two stars.
We’re trying to picture how bad the already unimpressive Bobcats would be if either of those players were moved for picks and young players to develop. Those two at least put up points nightly, which is more than you can say for most of the Bobcat roster.
This, however, is my favorite paragraph from the Observer story.
Trades have been standard practice for the Bobcats since Brown was hired as coach in April of 2008. Since then, the Bobcats have made nine trades involving 27 players. The only players who pre-date Brown’s arrival are Wallace and center Nazr Mohammed.
Really, you shouldn’t be shocked if any Bobcat player gets moved in the next couple months — except for Tyrus Thomas. The Bobcats are high on his potential.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 20
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 68
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 52
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4