Dec 17, 2010, 9:44 AM EDT
We have a shocking development in Charlotte: Larry Brown has grown tired of the players on his roster and covets what other teams have.
Okay, this was as inevitable as Democrats and Republicans feuding. Larry Brown has done two things everywhere he has coached — moved on and thought other team’s players were better than his own.
Not that he doesn’t have reason to be frustrated with Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson, both of whom have been pedestrian this season for a Bobcats team that is 9-16 and going backwards.
So the Bobcats are testing the market for Wallace and Jackson, according to the Charlotte Observer. This after we told you they tried to find their way into the Carmelo Anthony sweepstakes. The Bobcats have talked to 15-20 teams putting different scenarios out there. The report adds the Bobcats may be overvaluing what the market will pay for those two stars.
We’re trying to picture how bad the already unimpressive Bobcats would be if either of those players were moved for picks and young players to develop. Those two at least put up points nightly, which is more than you can say for most of the Bobcat roster.
This, however, is my favorite paragraph from the Observer story.
Trades have been standard practice for the Bobcats since Brown was hired as coach in April of 2008. Since then, the Bobcats have made nine trades involving 27 players. The only players who pre-date Brown’s arrival are Wallace and center Nazr Mohammed.
Really, you shouldn’t be shocked if any Bobcat player gets moved in the next couple months — except for Tyrus Thomas. The Bobcats are high on his potential.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23