Dec 16, 2010, 11:03 AM EDT
The Knicks were about as happy as a team could be after a heartbreaking loss.
Consider it the dreaded moral victory if you want, but they went up against a title contender and stood toe-to-toe. Granted, a title contender without key parts of its front line, but still a contender. You take the victories where you can get them.
What’s more, there was a real buzz and energy in the building, as there has been around the Knicks in recent weeks. The Knicks are back, and that is good for basketball. But we’ll let D’Antoni tell it.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 26
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9