Dec 16, 2010, 3:03 PM EST
Results from the first few weeks of All-Star balloting are in and… well, it’s exactly what you’d expect. Pretty boring stuff, really. Lots of Heat, Celtics, Lakers and Chinese voters.
For the Eastern Conference, LeBron James would start at forward in the East with Kevin Garnett (Amar’e Stoudemire is third among East forwards), the guards would be Dwyane Wade and Rajon Rondo (Derrick Rose is third), and the center is Dwight Howard (Shaq is second but well back).
Kobe Bryant has gotten more votes than anyone else with 722,682. He would start at guard for the West with Chris Paul (Manu Ginobili is third ahead of Steve Nash, which shows you guys have been watching the games, bless you). Pau Gasol and Kevin Durant would be the starting forwards (Carmelo Anthony and Dirk Nowitzki trail them in the deepest position in the balloting, good luck cracking that group Blake Griffin) and Yao Ming would be your starting center, just ahead of Andrew Bynum.
Yao and Bynum have played seven games between them. We would take back what we said about you watching games, but really your other choices don’t impress. Brendan Haywood is third, which proves that medical marijuana prescriptions and voting go hand in hand for some people. Then comes the two guys who have earned consideration so far, Marc Gasol and Emeka Okafor. Vote for one of them. I suppose Yao and Bynum will be healthy by February, but come on, vote for the guys doing it on the court so far.
Voting remains open on line or at NBA arenas. The All-Star Game itself is Feb. 20 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9