Dec 16, 2010, 2:57 PM EST
Depth is clearly an issue for the Knicks — they went with an eight-man rotation technically against the Celtics, but it was really six as that is how many played 10 minutes or more. Every starter played at least 36 minutes. Big minutes will mean wear and tear on guys like Raymond Felton and Amar’e Stoudemire that could well come with a price later on during the long grind of the NBA season.
One option, Joel Przybilla of the Portland Trail Blazers. Hahn reports there have been conversations between the two sides (which doesn’t tell you much, there are a lot of those conversations). There are those around the league that think the Blazers might start breaking up the current core and rebuilding, with it becoming clear that injuries will dampen the careers of Brandon Roy and Greg Oden.
You can bet the Knicks are asking about other bigs as well, because they need some guys to soak up minutes in the paint and rest their stars.
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 0
- Report: JaVale McGee close to signing with Celtics 25
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6