Dec 16, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
It looked bad when it happened Wednesday night — Rajon Rondo wanted to drive the lane against the Knicks, went right and tried to plant for a cut and his ankle just rolled. About as far as an ankle can roll.
He came back in and played, but those things are often worse the next morning. That was the case here (although we might have guessed as much after Rondo was on crutches after the game).
Celtics GM Danny Ainge went on WEEI in Boston this afternoon and said that Rondo will be out for “a couple of weeks” due to the ankle injury.
Rondo has been battling a variety of little injuries so a couple weeks off to get everything right is the prudent course of action. It’s also the Celtics modus operandi to worry about guys being healthy for the playoffs and resting them more during the regular season to make sure of it (although usually that applies more to older players).
You’re about to see a lot more Nate Robinson, who should stop trying to jump on Paul Pierce’s back and risking injury to himself. Shaquille O’Neal remains out for a few more games due to a calf injury; both Jermaine O’Neal and Kendrick Perkins are a little farther away than that.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 0
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 34
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 37
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69