Dec 16, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
It looked bad when it happened Wednesday night — Rajon Rondo wanted to drive the lane against the Knicks, went right and tried to plant for a cut and his ankle just rolled. About as far as an ankle can roll.
He came back in and played, but those things are often worse the next morning. That was the case here (although we might have guessed as much after Rondo was on crutches after the game).
Celtics GM Danny Ainge went on WEEI in Boston this afternoon and said that Rondo will be out for “a couple of weeks” due to the ankle injury.
Rondo has been battling a variety of little injuries so a couple weeks off to get everything right is the prudent course of action. It’s also the Celtics modus operandi to worry about guys being healthy for the playoffs and resting them more during the regular season to make sure of it (although usually that applies more to older players).
You’re about to see a lot more Nate Robinson, who should stop trying to jump on Paul Pierce’s back and risking injury to himself. Shaquille O’Neal remains out for a few more games due to a calf injury; both Jermaine O’Neal and Kendrick Perkins are a little farther away than that.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 31
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4