Dec 16, 2010, 9:02 PM EST
Maybe the only thing as common as outrage at LeBron James this summer was spoofs and Internet videos mocking all things LeBron. Because that’s how we roll here in America! Well, that and we roll to court because we love to sue. So it seems sort of inevitable that a LeBron spoof would end up in court.
We just expected LeBron would send it there, not a rabbi.
Remember this summer we told you how LeBron paid six figures to meet with the famed Rabbi Yishayahu Yosef Pinto, who is basically the “rabbi to the rich?” Of course you do, you remember everything we write. Anyway, TMZ recently got a hold of a photo out of that meeting and ran it.
That prompted Kimmel to put the photo up on his show and say he had a meeting with Rabbi Pinto, but instead as a joke — because that is what Kimmel does for a living — he ran video featuring someone different, Rabbi Sondick. Oh, just watch the bit yourself.
Now Sondick is suing Kimmel because Sondick says the skit made him “look foolish” and a “laughingstock.”
Um, yes it did. Because Kimmel portrayed Sondick as himself.
Anyway, there you go.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 5
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 18
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 21
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17