Dec 16, 2010, 9:02 PM EDT
Maybe the only thing as common as outrage at LeBron James this summer was spoofs and Internet videos mocking all things LeBron. Because that’s how we roll here in America! Well, that and we roll to court because we love to sue. So it seems sort of inevitable that a LeBron spoof would end up in court.
We just expected LeBron would send it there, not a rabbi.
Remember this summer we told you how LeBron paid six figures to meet with the famed Rabbi Yishayahu Yosef Pinto, who is basically the “rabbi to the rich?” Of course you do, you remember everything we write. Anyway, TMZ recently got a hold of a photo out of that meeting and ran it.
That prompted Kimmel to put the photo up on his show and say he had a meeting with Rabbi Pinto, but instead as a joke — because that is what Kimmel does for a living — he ran video featuring someone different, Rabbi Sondick. Oh, just watch the bit yourself.
Now Sondick is suing Kimmel because Sondick says the skit made him “look foolish” and a “laughingstock.”
Um, yes it did. Because Kimmel portrayed Sondick as himself.
Anyway, there you go.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29