Dec 16, 2010, 9:02 PM EDT
Maybe the only thing as common as outrage at LeBron James this summer was spoofs and Internet videos mocking all things LeBron. Because that’s how we roll here in America! Well, that and we roll to court because we love to sue. So it seems sort of inevitable that a LeBron spoof would end up in court.
We just expected LeBron would send it there, not a rabbi.
Remember this summer we told you how LeBron paid six figures to meet with the famed Rabbi Yishayahu Yosef Pinto, who is basically the “rabbi to the rich?” Of course you do, you remember everything we write. Anyway, TMZ recently got a hold of a photo out of that meeting and ran it.
That prompted Kimmel to put the photo up on his show and say he had a meeting with Rabbi Pinto, but instead as a joke — because that is what Kimmel does for a living — he ran video featuring someone different, Rabbi Sondick. Oh, just watch the bit yourself.
Now Sondick is suing Kimmel because Sondick says the skit made him “look foolish” and a “laughingstock.”
Um, yes it did. Because Kimmel portrayed Sondick as himself.
Anyway, there you go.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4