Dec 16, 2010, 9:02 PM EST
Maybe the only thing as common as outrage at LeBron James this summer was spoofs and Internet videos mocking all things LeBron. Because that’s how we roll here in America! Well, that and we roll to court because we love to sue. So it seems sort of inevitable that a LeBron spoof would end up in court.
We just expected LeBron would send it there, not a rabbi.
Remember this summer we told you how LeBron paid six figures to meet with the famed Rabbi Yishayahu Yosef Pinto, who is basically the “rabbi to the rich?” Of course you do, you remember everything we write. Anyway, TMZ recently got a hold of a photo out of that meeting and ran it.
That prompted Kimmel to put the photo up on his show and say he had a meeting with Rabbi Pinto, but instead as a joke — because that is what Kimmel does for a living — he ran video featuring someone different, Rabbi Sondick. Oh, just watch the bit yourself.
Now Sondick is suing Kimmel because Sondick says the skit made him “look foolish” and a “laughingstock.”
Um, yes it did. Because Kimmel portrayed Sondick as himself.
Anyway, there you go.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 13
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31