Dec 15, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
The deal breaks down like this: The Nets ship out Terrence Williams — once they get him out of Avery Johnson’s doghouse and tell him the news — plus some minor stuff and in return get the Lakers first round pick this season (late in the first round somewhere), the Rockets first round pick next season and Sasha Vujacic plus his expiring contract.
Those are all things that could sweeten future trade deals for New Jersey. And by future trade deals we mean things Denver might want for Anthony.
The Rockets ship out a first-round pick and some other minor junk and get Terrence Williams. It’s a fresh start for the talented wing who had worn out his welcome in New Jersey. A new home and a new attitude after a stint in the D-League (where ball boys were giving him crap) gives Williams a chance to prove he belongs.
The Lakers ship out Vujacic plus their pick and will save about $9 million. Which is what they really wanted. But technically they also get veteran big Joe Smith (who is basically an insurance policy against another injury), Golden State’s second round pick in 2011, Chicago’s second round pick in 2012 and the rights to Ukraine’s Sergei Lishouk (who is currently playing in Spain).
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29