Dec 15, 2010, 12:12 PM EDT
The deal breaks down like this: The Nets ship out Terrence Williams — once they get him out of Avery Johnson’s doghouse and tell him the news — plus some minor stuff and in return get the Lakers first round pick this season (late in the first round somewhere), the Rockets first round pick next season and Sasha Vujacic plus his expiring contract.
Those are all things that could sweeten future trade deals for New Jersey. And by future trade deals we mean things Denver might want for Anthony.
The Rockets ship out a first-round pick and some other minor junk and get Terrence Williams. It’s a fresh start for the talented wing who had worn out his welcome in New Jersey. A new home and a new attitude after a stint in the D-League (where ball boys were giving him crap) gives Williams a chance to prove he belongs.
The Lakers ship out Vujacic plus their pick and will save about $9 million. Which is what they really wanted. But technically they also get veteran big Joe Smith (who is basically an insurance policy against another injury), Golden State’s second round pick in 2011, Chicago’s second round pick in 2012 and the rights to Ukraine’s Sergei Lishouk (who is currently playing in Spain).
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 49
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 17
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64