Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 PM EDT
Boston loves Shaquille O’Neal. They flock to see the guy when he decides to be a statue for an hour.
Now he’s decided to be Arthur Fiedler.
Next Monday the legendary orchestra will continue its annual holiday concert series at Symphony Hall and Shaq will come out and conduct Leroy Anderson’s “Sleigh Ride.” All 7’1” of him. We have to assume in a tux with tails. Conducting the orchestra once led by John Williams. Lakers fans just got queasy.
Actually, based on the last week, we hope Shaq’s calf is healed enough for him to go. He is officially a concert-time decision.
I kind of like this. He should be the best guest conductor Bugs Bunny conducted opera.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18