Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 PM EDT
Boston loves Shaquille O’Neal. They flock to see the guy when he decides to be a statue for an hour.
Now he’s decided to be Arthur Fiedler.
Next Monday the legendary orchestra will continue its annual holiday concert series at Symphony Hall and Shaq will come out and conduct Leroy Anderson’s “Sleigh Ride.” All 7’1” of him. We have to assume in a tux with tails. Conducting the orchestra once led by John Williams. Lakers fans just got queasy.
Actually, based on the last week, we hope Shaq’s calf is healed enough for him to go. He is officially a concert-time decision.
I kind of like this. He should be the best guest conductor Bugs Bunny conducted opera.
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 4
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 21
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2