Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 PM EST
Boston loves Shaquille O’Neal. They flock to see the guy when he decides to be a statue for an hour.
Now he’s decided to be Arthur Fiedler.
Next Monday the legendary orchestra will continue its annual holiday concert series at Symphony Hall and Shaq will come out and conduct Leroy Anderson’s “Sleigh Ride.” All 7’1” of him. We have to assume in a tux with tails. Conducting the orchestra once led by John Williams. Lakers fans just got queasy.
Actually, based on the last week, we hope Shaq’s calf is healed enough for him to go. He is officially a concert-time decision.
I kind of like this. He should be the best guest conductor Bugs Bunny conducted opera.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 0
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8