Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 PM EDT
Boston loves Shaquille O’Neal. They flock to see the guy when he decides to be a statue for an hour.
Now he’s decided to be Arthur Fiedler.
Next Monday the legendary orchestra will continue its annual holiday concert series at Symphony Hall and Shaq will come out and conduct Leroy Anderson’s “Sleigh Ride.” All 7’1” of him. We have to assume in a tux with tails. Conducting the orchestra once led by John Williams. Lakers fans just got queasy.
Actually, based on the last week, we hope Shaq’s calf is healed enough for him to go. He is officially a concert-time decision.
I kind of like this. He should be the best guest conductor Bugs Bunny conducted opera.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 4
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28