Dec 15, 2010, 5:52 PM EDT
Boston loves Shaquille O’Neal. They flock to see the guy when he decides to be a statue for an hour.
Now he’s decided to be Arthur Fiedler.
Next Monday the legendary orchestra will continue its annual holiday concert series at Symphony Hall and Shaq will come out and conduct Leroy Anderson’s “Sleigh Ride.” All 7’1” of him. We have to assume in a tux with tails. Conducting the orchestra once led by John Williams. Lakers fans just got queasy.
Actually, based on the last week, we hope Shaq’s calf is healed enough for him to go. He is officially a concert-time decision.
I kind of like this. He should be the best guest conductor Bugs Bunny conducted opera.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30