Dec 15, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Usually when you talk about playing too many video games you’re talking about the national childhood obesity problem. Well, that or you’re an over 50 curmudgeon and think all video games are a blight — “We didn’t have them growing up in the 60s and we got along just fine… by doing a lot of drugs.” You know, that kind of logic.
But when Ron Artest was talking about playing too many video games Tuesday night, he was talking about JaVale McGee — one of the five most freakish athletes in a league full of freakish athletes. McGee racked up 12 points and 9 rebounds against the Lakers but Artest became the latest in a long line of people questioning McGee’s feel for the game. Artest just did it much more creatively to Michael Lee of the Washington Post.
“He potentially could be a really good player,” Artest said. “I think he got to go to school a little bit more. He’s got to work on that IQ a little bit. He got to watch more tape. I don’t think he watches tape. I think he plays video games. I do. I don’t think he watches tape. I think he plays video games and I think he could possibly have an Atari. He should upgrade to a Play Station.”
Atari? He’s that out of date?
“Possibly Atari,” Artest said. “He could potentially become a force, if, if he wants to. But if he doesn’t, he can continue to play Atari.”
Damn. That is a smack. But he’s not the first Laker to do it, remember Lamar Odom back at Team USA basketball camp this summer said McGee needed to develop a better feel because “the game is called basketball, not run and jump.”
McGee though will continue to rack up the NBA Jam level highlights so long as John Wall is throwing him ally-oops.
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 4
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 11
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 86
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (86)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay