Dec 15, 2010, 10:25 AM EDT
Starting as of now, players signed to free agent contracts over the summer can be included in trades.
Basically, guys where fans said in August “he is really going to help us” that have become “guys we should move to get something useful for.” Those guys.
So who else should you be looking to get moved? Here’s a list. We like lists.
• Randy Foye (Clippers): A solid guard off the bench who can play the one or the two.
• Luke Ridnour (Timberwolves): A solid playmaking point guard who would make a quality backup for a lot of teams. He is in the first year of a three-year, $12 million deal.
• Anthony Tolliver (Timberwolves): He’s injured right now but when healthy is playing behind Kevin Love, Michael Beasley and Darko (or should be Kurt Rambis, should be). Good big man insurance for some team.
• Ryan Gomes (Clippers): Again a solid backup at the three — who can hit the three — that has not been a favorite of Vinny Del Negro but could find a home somewhere.
• Anthony Carter (Nuggets): There will be interest here, but the question is are the Nuggets keeping Chauncey Billups if they move Carmelo Anthony? If Billups goes Carter may get more run. If not they may move him.
• Chris Duhon (Magic): They have two decent backups to Jameer Nelson (Jason Williams is the other) and if Orland is going to make a move Duhon (or maybe Williams) is a likely part of that deal.
• Anthony Morrow (Nets): Basically, anyone not named Harris or Lopez could get traded from the Nets right now.
• Hakim Warrick (Suns): They may not make the playoffs and have an owner who likes to save money (even in comparison to other owners, who all like to save money). If they are out of it the Suns could start dealing.
• Brendan Haywood (Mavericks): Tyson Chandler’s emergence makes him expendable, but good luck getting someone to take on that five-year contract.
• Eddie House (Heat): There are other three point shooters on that roster, particularly once Mike Miller comes back, so the Heat may look to make a move. He only makes $1.35 million, so he’s not bringing a lot back, but it could happen.
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 0
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 5
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games