Dec 15, 2010, 10:25 AM EST
Starting as of now, players signed to free agent contracts over the summer can be included in trades.
Basically, guys where fans said in August “he is really going to help us” that have become “guys we should move to get something useful for.” Those guys.
So who else should you be looking to get moved? Here’s a list. We like lists.
• Randy Foye (Clippers): A solid guard off the bench who can play the one or the two.
• Luke Ridnour (Timberwolves): A solid playmaking point guard who would make a quality backup for a lot of teams. He is in the first year of a three-year, $12 million deal.
• Anthony Tolliver (Timberwolves): He’s injured right now but when healthy is playing behind Kevin Love, Michael Beasley and Darko (or should be Kurt Rambis, should be). Good big man insurance for some team.
• Ryan Gomes (Clippers): Again a solid backup at the three — who can hit the three — that has not been a favorite of Vinny Del Negro but could find a home somewhere.
• Anthony Carter (Nuggets): There will be interest here, but the question is are the Nuggets keeping Chauncey Billups if they move Carmelo Anthony? If Billups goes Carter may get more run. If not they may move him.
• Chris Duhon (Magic): They have two decent backups to Jameer Nelson (Jason Williams is the other) and if Orland is going to make a move Duhon (or maybe Williams) is a likely part of that deal.
• Anthony Morrow (Nets): Basically, anyone not named Harris or Lopez could get traded from the Nets right now.
• Hakim Warrick (Suns): They may not make the playoffs and have an owner who likes to save money (even in comparison to other owners, who all like to save money). If they are out of it the Suns could start dealing.
• Brendan Haywood (Mavericks): Tyson Chandler’s emergence makes him expendable, but good luck getting someone to take on that five-year contract.
• Eddie House (Heat): There are other three point shooters on that roster, particularly once Mike Miller comes back, so the Heat may look to make a move. He only makes $1.35 million, so he’s not bringing a lot back, but it could happen.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17