Dec 14, 2010, 5:39 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have assigned sophomore forward DeMarre Carroll to the Dakota Wizards of the D-League. Carroll was barely playing for the Grizzlies, so sending him down to the D-League and giving him a chance to get regular minutes and touches makes sense.
The only caveat to this move, as FanHouse’s Scott Schroeder pointed out earlier today, is that the Wizards have one of the slowest-paced offenses in the D-League and Carroll is at his best in transition situations. Still, this is a good chance for Carroll to find his game in a relatively low-pressure situation, and for the 1-9 Wizards to try and get out of the D-League cellar.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15