Dec 14, 2010, 5:39 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have assigned sophomore forward DeMarre Carroll to the Dakota Wizards of the D-League. Carroll was barely playing for the Grizzlies, so sending him down to the D-League and giving him a chance to get regular minutes and touches makes sense.
The only caveat to this move, as FanHouse’s Scott Schroeder pointed out earlier today, is that the Wizards have one of the slowest-paced offenses in the D-League and Carroll is at his best in transition situations. Still, this is a good chance for Carroll to find his game in a relatively low-pressure situation, and for the 1-9 Wizards to try and get out of the D-League cellar.
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 0
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 6
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 14
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35