Dec 14, 2010, 5:39 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have assigned sophomore forward DeMarre Carroll to the Dakota Wizards of the D-League. Carroll was barely playing for the Grizzlies, so sending him down to the D-League and giving him a chance to get regular minutes and touches makes sense.
The only caveat to this move, as FanHouse’s Scott Schroeder pointed out earlier today, is that the Wizards have one of the slowest-paced offenses in the D-League and Carroll is at his best in transition situations. Still, this is a good chance for Carroll to find his game in a relatively low-pressure situation, and for the 1-9 Wizards to try and get out of the D-League cellar.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65