Dec 14, 2010, 5:39 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have assigned sophomore forward DeMarre Carroll to the Dakota Wizards of the D-League. Carroll was barely playing for the Grizzlies, so sending him down to the D-League and giving him a chance to get regular minutes and touches makes sense.
The only caveat to this move, as FanHouse’s Scott Schroeder pointed out earlier today, is that the Wizards have one of the slowest-paced offenses in the D-League and Carroll is at his best in transition situations. Still, this is a good chance for Carroll to find his game in a relatively low-pressure situation, and for the 1-9 Wizards to try and get out of the D-League cellar.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 9
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 18
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32