Dec 14, 2010, 5:39 PM EDT
The Memphis Grizzlies have assigned sophomore forward DeMarre Carroll to the Dakota Wizards of the D-League. Carroll was barely playing for the Grizzlies, so sending him down to the D-League and giving him a chance to get regular minutes and touches makes sense.
The only caveat to this move, as FanHouse’s Scott Schroeder pointed out earlier today, is that the Wizards have one of the slowest-paced offenses in the D-League and Carroll is at his best in transition situations. Still, this is a good chance for Carroll to find his game in a relatively low-pressure situation, and for the 1-9 Wizards to try and get out of the D-League cellar.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40