Dec 14, 2010, 11:09 AM EDT
With two minutes left as the Bulls were pulling away from the Pacers Monday night, Derrick Rose had happen to him what happens to every guard who fearlessly drives the lane in the league — a nasty fall. He got a push from behind as he went up and that led him to fall over Brandon Rush who was trying to draw a charge.
Rose used his hands to break his fall and instantly grabbed the right wrist. He was using it gingerly after the game, according to the Sun Times, however, X-rays showed no damage and he has been diagnosed with a sprain.
“I know tomorrow is probably going to be a bad day, especially resting and sleeping,” he said. “It’s going to be tight. Everything is going to be tight on my body, but I’ll get treatment, and we’ve got to play in a couple more days.”
Rose wants to play, the team trainer called it day-to-day. The Bulls next game is Wednesday in Toronto.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 7
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 12
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7