Dec 14, 2010, 11:09 AM EDT
With two minutes left as the Bulls were pulling away from the Pacers Monday night, Derrick Rose had happen to him what happens to every guard who fearlessly drives the lane in the league — a nasty fall. He got a push from behind as he went up and that led him to fall over Brandon Rush who was trying to draw a charge.
Rose used his hands to break his fall and instantly grabbed the right wrist. He was using it gingerly after the game, according to the Sun Times, however, X-rays showed no damage and he has been diagnosed with a sprain.
“I know tomorrow is probably going to be a bad day, especially resting and sleeping,” he said. “It’s going to be tight. Everything is going to be tight on my body, but I’ll get treatment, and we’ve got to play in a couple more days.”
Rose wants to play, the team trainer called it day-to-day. The Bulls next game is Wednesday in Toronto.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (80)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record