Dec 14, 2010, 11:09 AM EDT
With two minutes left as the Bulls were pulling away from the Pacers Monday night, Derrick Rose had happen to him what happens to every guard who fearlessly drives the lane in the league — a nasty fall. He got a push from behind as he went up and that led him to fall over Brandon Rush who was trying to draw a charge.
Rose used his hands to break his fall and instantly grabbed the right wrist. He was using it gingerly after the game, according to the Sun Times, however, X-rays showed no damage and he has been diagnosed with a sprain.
“I know tomorrow is probably going to be a bad day, especially resting and sleeping,” he said. “It’s going to be tight. Everything is going to be tight on my body, but I’ll get treatment, and we’ve got to play in a couple more days.”
Rose wants to play, the team trainer called it day-to-day. The Bulls next game is Wednesday in Toronto.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 75
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 22
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13