Dec 14, 2010, 11:09 AM EDT
With two minutes left as the Bulls were pulling away from the Pacers Monday night, Derrick Rose had happen to him what happens to every guard who fearlessly drives the lane in the league — a nasty fall. He got a push from behind as he went up and that led him to fall over Brandon Rush who was trying to draw a charge.
Rose used his hands to break his fall and instantly grabbed the right wrist. He was using it gingerly after the game, according to the Sun Times, however, X-rays showed no damage and he has been diagnosed with a sprain.
“I know tomorrow is probably going to be a bad day, especially resting and sleeping,” he said. “It’s going to be tight. Everything is going to be tight on my body, but I’ll get treatment, and we’ve got to play in a couple more days.”
Rose wants to play, the team trainer called it day-to-day. The Bulls next game is Wednesday in Toronto.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61